• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1992 M998 speedometer fix

shor2832

I spent Sunday fixing the nonworking speedometer and learned a couple things. After reading some previous threads, I disconnected the cable and tested it with a drill- pass. Then I tested it hooked up to the gauge- pass. Finally I took the adapter off the transfer case and inspected the gears and keys- looked great. Finally I pulled the plastic red gear housing out and made sure the key hole wasn't stripped, and it wasn't. The housing was lined up to the dot with the big arrow at the 32-38 hash mark. I was stumped until I saw the very small dot at 180 degrees opposite that hash mark and read 32-38. After counting the teeth, I knew at 35 that this was where I needed to be. The gears were too far away which was why the speedometer didn't work. Put her together and gauge is working great.