• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1993 8.3 M923A2 fuel pressure problem

dadsoldtruck

So i just bought a M923A2 with 15k miles 500 hours on it. If I run at full throttle for over 20sec it starts to lose power and if I'm pulling even the smallest hill it will sometimes die. it starts back up and I get 20sec of pull and then back to no power.

So I put a fuel pressure gage on the lift pump. my old lift pump was not great and I got a new one. the new one made tons of pressure 20psi at idle 50psi at 2k rpm. so i drove it and 20min it to the drive same thing.

with both pumps if I power break (load up the motor) after 5sec or so my fuel pressure at the pump flat lines (0psi). it seams to be worst when the motor is warm.

I plan on looking the lines over before the pump to see if its sucking air but I'm running out of ideas fast.

dadsoldtruck

Well I figured it out. I got algae in my tank. It plugged the intake screen on the lift pump. I drained the tank and installed a inline filter before the lift pump. it has been running better then ever.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks