• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1993 BMY M923A2 from Fort Jackson SC

Vandrel

So it begins

I won this truck from GL on 4/24/2014. Paid more then I wanted to but I'm ok with that now.

On 4/28/2014 I spoke with the GL rep and scheduled a pickup for this truck on 5/5/2014 from the Fort Jackson DRMO lot. My wife and I will be driving a chase vehicle up from Oviedo, FL on Sunday and heading on base Monday morning to grab the truck and drive it back to Florida. So far so good. I managed to get State Farm insurance to add the truck to my policy today (5/2/2014) and a FL 30 day temp tag to drive the truck back. I didn't have any issues at all getting the paperwork for this done thankfully and to my surprise I had both the insurance and temp tag in my hand in less than 1 hour before 5pm Friday (today) lol. It was a long work night for me so I ended up sleeping in late and completely forgot to get the paperwork done prior to, needless to say it was quite a rush to get out the door to the DMV before close of business.

Hopefully no problems come about with the truck on the trip back but just incase we'll be taking some tools, basic parts, and fluids with us.

58956020.jpg58956007.jpg58955986.jpg58956008.jpg58955981.jpg58956096.jpg58956095.jpg

I'll be updating this thread here as things progress.

On Monday I plan make a stop in Jacksonville, FL (in the M923) to pickup a pressure washer I won from GL a few days ago. Hopefully that falls in smoothly and works out well. Last thing I want to do is drive 2 hours back to Jacksonville later in the week.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you allowed to drive it off Ft. Jackson now? I picked up a Deuce there in 2011 and had to get it towed off.

I have bought two trucks from Eastover, SC (right beside Ft. Jackson), both have been nice trucks. The one good thing about Eastover/Ft. Jackson is if there was any tools/etc in the truck, they are likely still there and were not stolen. Have a good trip back, gonna be a long ride!

Vandrel

Departing friendly lines at 0630 enroute to objective. Hoping the weather holds out. It's been raining here off and on.

ke5eua

Ahh, so you are the one, j/k. I saw that one but didn't bid.

GL decided it wanted to log me out when I went to increase my bid for the one at Polk, lost by $70.

Last edited:

Vandrel

We're in Columbia right now until the morning. Weather is great right now!

I had my eye on 2 other trucks up at Sparta but really didn't want to drive that far for them.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
We're in Columbia right now until the morning. Weather is great right now!

I had my eye on 2 other trucks up at Sparta but really didn't want to drive that far for them.
I'll drive them for you

Vandrel

10001284_873510019342401_6458116710748601576_n.jpg

picked up the truck today. GL was helpful.

All has gone smooth thus far and now on the road back to FL. Managed to get a quarter tank of free gas so that was nice.

Last edited:

Vandrel

It pulled pretty hard. Thought the truck was going to roll on me for a second. Managed to get clear of the road ok. Just hanging around waiting for a wrecked to show up. The position the truck is in isn't very good for the standard jack and seems I'm missing one of the large sockets to get the wheel off completely. Playing the waiting game right now.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks