• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1994 M1089 wrecker hydraulic issue

farahmichael

Anyone familiar with the operation of these trucks? Recently purchased a 94’ M1089 with 700 miles and a main boom that would not operate. Turns out it will go up but only if the slave external power system switch is moved from normal to “supply external power”. Will not do down in any configuration. Not even by using the manual pump. Tried remote control, nothing. Everything else works fine. No leaks, feels like it has pressure at the valve. I don’t know what the slave system is doing to imagine a diagnosis.

Valves:

Control panel:

Action shot for good measure:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coachgeo

do you have the TM's (technical manuals) which includes an operation manual? see the very top of page's menu.... far right is..... "TM"

as you go thru manual look real close for where hoses attach. would not be first time there is two swapped.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Anyone familiar with the operation of these trucks? Recently purchased a 94’ M1089 with 700 miles and a main boom that would not operate. Turns out it will go up but only if the slave external power system switch is moved from normal to “supply external power”. Will not do down in any configuration. Not even by using the manual pump. Tried remote control, nothing. Everything else works fine. No leaks, feels like it has pressure at the valve. I don’t know what the slave system is doing to imagine a diagnosis.

Valves:

Control panel:

Action shot for good measure:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi farahmichael , Could you snap a couple of pictures of your '94 model M1089 please? I have a '96 and it has no markings at all on the handles. Guessing it sat in the boiling hot sun and "cooked" off the markings. Hopefully a few closeup pictures might make it possible for me to replace the marking.

Tim

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks