• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1994 Military Suburban

MilitaryUnimog

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMq_pzUxmaU[/media]

I was watching this video and was really interested by that blue Suburban that was in there. Z88 package (factory upgraded 454 to 425hp) and they were say its an old military until. I though the Army didn't use that style of Suburban untill 1999, that one in the video is a 1994 but it doesn't look like its been painted but I don't know what blue would be. Air Force maybe? Does anyone possibly know anything about this rig or rigs like these? These guys are also in Canada so maybe its an ex-Canadian Army truck.

Stan Leschert

As far as I know, we didn't use them in any number. It's possible that JTF2 bought a couple of special orders, but they always had the cool toys. The video was shot in London Ontario, so it stands to figure that the cast-offs from CFB London would show up locally.

MilitaryUnimog

I was told by my uncle (a retired GM shop worker and owned about 25 GM trucks over the years since the 1980s) that the Z88 package was an upgraded 454, and from what them guys were saying in the video made me think it was military. But people can be wrong. It makes sense now because it looked just like a plain Suburban which made me wonder how it would be military unless it was Air Force or something. Either way, its a pretty cool rig, anything with a 454 is cool though lol

Thanks for clearing that up everyone

idM1028

What you can do, if you have a M1008 or M1028 with a good drivetrain, but a crappy body is put the drivetrain on a similar year Suburban body and chassis. I saw this done once. The truck was dubbed the "Combat Cadillac" Like a M1009 on steroids :cool:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks