• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1995 M1081 Parts needed

recksmilparts

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Think I have the parts you need. Seat backs and bottoms, also door weather stripping. Just not sure of how many.

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rene you need to review the site rules. Big no-no to post links to auctions on eBay, GovPlanet, GovLiquidation, or ads on Craigslist unless they're for items you own and are selling.

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can use generic automotive weather stripping.
That's what I did. Local auto parts store had some that was a 14ft long strip and it almost did the whole door and cost under $30. It leaves a small gap, but is still better than nothing! After I put that on my doors I had to readjust the doors to close properly. No more drafts coming in through the bottoms of the doors.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
You can order rolls of slightly thicker stripping online. I have seen people trying to get hundreds of dollars for weatherstrip that costs 25c a foot.

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can order rolls of slightly thicker stripping online. I have seen people trying to get hundreds of dollars for weatherstrip that costs 25c a foot.
The stuff I used was plenty thick. The factory stuff was mostly gone, so after replacing it with the auto parts weather stripping, I had to adjust the doors OUT just a little and the latch pieces so the doors would sit flush against the weather stripping and still close properly. If I redo mine again I'll look for a longer roll that I can order to get it completely around the door. I left the small gap at the front edge of the door near the grab handle and so far no issues.

Rene M

Rene you need to review the site rules. Big no-no to post links to auctions on eBay, GovPlanet, GovLiquidation, or ads on Craigslist unless they're for items you own and are selling.
Sorry, and i did know that.. i was just trying to help.. Just to clear the air i have nothing to do with any of these sellers and nothing to gain from the sale.

that said.... who has those door seals? i would like both sides.

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry, and i did know that.. i was just trying to help.. Just to clear the air i have nothing to do with any of these sellers and nothing to gain from the sale.

that said.... who has those door seals? i would like both sides.
Auction Postings:
Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GP(GovPlanet)/GSA/eBay (including items for sale in buy-it-now formats)/local/city/state/Federal/estate auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed.
• Do not post links to auction photos.
• Do not post links to GL/GP(GovPlanet)/GSA(or other sites)that have links that quit working after a short period of time. Save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.
• Do NOT post links to current eBay auctions or Craig's List ads that are not your own. You may post a link to your own auction/ad only if it is in an information/discussion thread about your vehicle/item. Do not start a post in the Conversations forum or your vehicle specific forum just to announce your auction/ad.
• No collusion as specified above.

Rene M

Auction Postings:
Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GP(GovPlanet)/GSA/eBay (including items for sale in buy-it-now formats)/local/city/state/Federal/estate auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed.
• Do not post links to auction photos.
• Do not post links to GL/GP(GovPlanet)/GSA(or other sites)that have links that quit working after a short period of time. Save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.
• Do NOT post links to current eBay auctions or Craig's List ads that are not your own. You may post a link to your own auction/ad only if it is in an information/discussion thread about your vehicle/item. Do not start a post in the Conversations forum or your vehicle specific forum just to announce your auction/ad.
• No collusion as specified above.
Sorry guys, that rolled up news paper was for my nose not yours.

grantmhawkins

Thanks for all the help guys! Also does anyone have a Stewart and Stephenson body emblem (the logo)? Mine is missing and I'd like to replace it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grantmhawkins

Does anyone have any interior door handles for a m1078/m1081? I am looking for 2.

Also - has anyone found a decal kit for the m1081/m1978? Would like to add the labeling (i.e. Dip stick, no step, panel storage etc) back to mine when I restore it. Or if you have a map of what and where the labels should be that would be great too.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Also - has anyone found a decal kit for the m1081/m1978? Would like to add the labeling (i.e. Dip stick, no step, panel storage etc) back to mine when I restore it. Or if you have a map of what and where the labels should be that would be great too.
I believe the labeling is all done with stencils and contrasting paint. There is a vendor here in classifieds that has some oil board stencil sets for sale. If your vehicle isn't listed I believe he will cut you a custom set.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks