• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1995 Stewart & Stevenson 1078: New Acquisition Need Input

Reworked LMTV

48 Hours and counting till I can look my Truck over. Going to test it pulling our 4 mile steep grade getting home and take a couple pictures on the way. Be my first trip in one. The Army still had old school stuff when I was in like button together shelter haves, metal canteens with black caps and a cup under them!
Honestly, avoid excessive hills, stresses, etc. Keep your speed 35 and under and use back roads if they are less demanding.

JD4044M

Honestly, avoid excessive hills, stresses, etc. Keep your speed 35 and under and use back roads if they are less demanding.
I have to go up this hill to go home the road is 35-50 mph max. The nice part is this truck has been drove in Florida the original owner only sold it because he needed the tractor model to haul stuff with. He picked this one out for hi personal truck and sell military things also. I still will not go off road don't have to for pictures I live off road only have to pull to the side of the road for them as a back ground. The hill going home is steeper then most mountain passes but only 4 miles to nice driving again. It will be cooler (78) that day 98 degrees today!! I will be careful to learn how it sounds and drives slowly around home. I can do our 10 Mile Loop Road I live on and have every type of test from hills, dirt, gravel and flat asphalt for driving on and no cars in the way.

Phoenix77

48 Hours and counting till I can look my Truck over. Going to test it pulling our 4 mile steep grade getting home and take a couple pictures on the way. Be my first trip in one. The Army still had old school stuff when I was in like button together shelter haves, metal canteens with black caps and a cup under them!
I'm jealous (about the 48 hour part); I submitted my EUC on Wednesday about an hour after my auction closed.

I was extremely fortunate though with my HMMWV EUC experience; it took all of 13 days to get approved - I was hearing horror stories of eight months or more. In the Other Relevant Info box on this EUC, I referenced my approved EUC from March 2019, so hopefully that will earn me a quick "APPROVED" rubber stamp. I think the issue these days though, is how long it takes for them to look at it, not necessary how long they have to think about it.

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well tomorrow morning I get mine. Not sure I would enjoy waiting for we will get to it one day don't worry???
Early congratulations on getting your truck tomorrow. Don't forget to snap lots of pics. Especially while it is still on the trailer and as she comes off...

As far as "EUC Speed" is concerned, you have to remember - this is the same government that you once served - and you know how they can be about making a decision. ADD into that equation a civilian organization interfacing with a government agency and you know that nothing is ever going to happen quickly.

I particularly like the idea that Phoenix77 was able to reference a previous EUC on a new purchase. Opinions are like other parts of the anatomy - where everyone has one - but previous approval should move an application to the top of the list. Again, IMO.

JD4044M

I charged up my Camera Battery I have had it go dead at the wrong time to many times! The Military helped me learn "Hurry up and wait" Today were in a Red Flag Warning up to 50 MPH Gusts and in the 90's There working on some big fires South of me today to beat the high winds later on!!

JD4044M

To bad that fire ended up burning all around us and it went to my Mother in Laws cause my place was on fire! Saved it and the truck is home and being enjoyed!!

fasttruck

Read the reading: operators manual, organizational maintenance manual, parts book. Should be available in TM section on this site.

JD4044M

Yes but not right away. I really enjoy the truck but turning 70 in Oct and finding having some medical issues working on it is not easy to do anymore! Every thing is big and heavy to deal with. But having owned one is a blast to me even if only for a while.

Bigfan

Just won an Auction for a 2003 M1078A1, its missing the rear drive shaft and the yoke is broken on the rear, any idea where I can pickup a new old stock or new one. In houston, TX

JD4044M

Finely opened up a BIG Multi TM Manual for the 1995 M1078A0 completely and what a wealth of information I have been missing!@! Did see how the Cab is hooked up to lift it Hydraulically and now I understand how it and a bunch of other things work. Nothing on taking the Latch Apart. I got my socket and the time to take it apart tomorrow to see what happen to it. Copied the 5 page PDF File on the Fuse Box and put it under the Cover. I did see that when they showed a 1995 M1078AO in the TM the Tail Lights were the same as mine are in the picture. Interesting must have made the change after the TM was printed??DSCF6277.JPGDSCF6278.JPG

ramdough

Just won an Auction for a 2003 M1078A1, its missing the rear drive shaft and the yoke is broken on the rear, any idea where I can pickup a new old stock or new one. In houston, TX
Try [mention]fuzzytoaster [/mention] he is in Ft. Worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks