• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1998 AM General M1123 HMMWV 4 Door Soft Top Listed on Govplanet.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder if this HMMWV was used in the movie or just as an advertisement piece.

Attachments

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rig looks like a clean platform BUT I hated the made for Netflux movie.

No way a vehicle was in the movie with the name of the movie splashed along the sides. Might be an advertisement rig or director’s rig or a fan’s tribute IMHO.

Aftermarket doors with crappy slide windows. As Simp pointed out, 24 bolt rims on one side and 12 bolt on the other. LOL.

Movie rigs are made to look good BUT might not run well. They need to look good on film. They don’t need to run well. Body might be full of bondo and hood might be cracked and painted over. It’s all about filming an illusion. Beware of the smoke and mirrors IMHO.

Last edited:

mgFray

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Looks to me like the stuff they bring to Comic-con and other events to advertise their movies. They park them either in the convention hall, or outside on the side walk.

I've seen ones painted just like this in past years for other movies. They are mechanically 'sound' (i.e. not going to just fall apart), but were put together for single or limited advertising and driving too and from the event to a loading area where the vehicle was shipped via truck.

The black paint all over it could be exactly what someone wants, but for anyone looking for the more military vehicle this ones definitely been modified away from that.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
E0095723-9078-4121-9A3D-2933AE0BEDE4.jpegE0095723-9078-4121-9A3D-2933AE0BEDE4.jpeg
This is one that I’m parting out. It was used in some TWD spin-off episodes. I don’t really know the program.
Anyways, the show color (black) looks good from 50’. Up close there was no care given to masking or paint quality. My point is, that one looks like someone spent a little time masking and such. Probably a tribute but doubtful it was filmed. At least that’s my $.02

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 855068View attachment 855068
This is one that I’m parting out. It was used in some TWD spin-off episodes. I don’t really know the program.
Anyways, the show color (black) looks good from 50’. Up close there was no care given to masking or paint quality. My point is, that one looks like someone spent a little time masking and such. Probably a tribute but doubtful it was filmed. At least that’s my $.02

Too bad you're already parting that out. I like it the way it is. LOL

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
View attachment 855068View attachment 855068
Why are you parting out?

Sent from my Nextel i1000