• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1st Annual Builder77 Memorial Tidewater Virginia Drive In!!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: trucks

We haven't established a locale yet. I am going to check with Chick-fil-A and Daneil is going to check with Ft. Eustis. Any other suggestions folks?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You guys still interested in doing this? That weekend is coming up soon! Any preference on park, restaurant, or museum?

I'm still in, I'd love to make the drive to FT EUSTIS, or anywhere really..... are we gonna meet at one place and drive together or is this a meet, admire trucks and BS kinda day? I'd much prefer to be indecisive so if someone will just tell me where...and what time. I'm in.....

Daneil

I'm not going to be able to make it. Trying to get ready to move into base housing. I still have not had any luck with Ft. Eustis. I'll keep trying.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
You guys want to meet at Mt. Trashmore on August 23rd at 10:00 or 11:00 hours? We could meet there, look at trucks, have a BS session, and then convoy somewhere for lunch. Thoughts?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OK, this is really coming together now. Peecook has volunteered to haul his grill down in his 109. I will call the park tomorrow and reserve us a shelter if they have any available. If not, I guess we'll cook out in the grass beside the parking lot. As we get closer to the date, we'll put together a list of who's bringing what to eat. I figure we can grill some dogs and chill out for a few hours talking about green trucks. Sounds fun to me!!

MarineTracs

Chris,
If the Mt Trashmore location does not seem to work out in the next day or so, let me know and I can ask my Marine Corps League Detachment if we can use their facility. It is in Great Bridge (Chesapeake) and just off Battlefield Blvd near the locks. I will probably be going by there Saturday evening. Hopefully the Mt Trashmore thing will work out OK, but we may possibly have this as a fallback.

10am is terrific, I'm in for either location and I'm happy to bring stuff, scout locations, do whatever I can to help get things together.... do you think we're talking burgers and dogs or something a little fancier?

side bar.... I'm really looking forward to this.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
OK, I just talked to the Parks and Rec folks. They don't have any of the big shelters available, but she said they have lots of mini-shelters with grills and even clusters of picnic table with grills as well. They are first come, first serve so I may try to get down there a little early to make sure we get one. I think burgers and dogs would be fine. No need to break out the fillet for our first drive-in :) Peecook, since they have grills, we can just get some charcoal so you don't have to drag your grill down here unless you really want to.

mhodges

I'm still in and looking forward to this! plans sound greeaaat!~ prolly won't have a green machine- but maybe this will make it's way there--- newest addition to the fleet and sort of military.............bought it for the cummins and od trans.

Attachments

peecook

the grill goes with the 109 so you'll have a choice in a gas or charcoal. Rob, do you still have tents...you know the size of a mess tent :) you'll be excited to see the truck. she's come a long way since that morning at the marina.

peecook said:
the grill goes with the 109 so you'll have a choice in a gas or charcoal. Rob, do you still have tents...you know the size of a mess tent :) you'll be excited to see the truck. she's come a long way since that morning at the marina.
I certainly do have tents, how about I bring a nice vinyl small to set up, last count it looks like we'll have less than ten of us there so that should be some nice shade, I'll only have poles for one tent, but I have more if anyone else wants to bring poles etc.

don't forget to bring camping chairs... if a shelter is iffy.

Chris if you're getting there a little early to stake a claim, I'll come a little early to set up the tent.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks