• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1st Annual Builder77 Memorial Tidewater Virginia Drive In!!

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The tent sounds like a good idea. I'm sure it will be hot and humid so some shade will be much appreciated. I'll get with you a couple days in advance, Rob. We'll figure out when to get there to stake our claim.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Alright guys. We are getting close to the big day. I am looking forward to the drive-in this weekend. It'll be a great opportunity to drool over some MV's, cook out, and enjoy the outdoors. If we can put together a head count, then we can start getting a grocery list together. Peecook is bringing his grill. Gunner is bringing a shelter. I will be glad to bring the hot dogs and buns. Who else wants to bring something to eat or drink?

mhodges

hey chris, how about some sides like baked beans or potato salad, or maybe some chips........ how many people are we looking at? from what I can gather these are the folks that have said they will or may be coming-

steelsoldiers
GunnersHusband
Peecook (and other fellow Richmonders?)
mhodges
MarineTracs
maddawg308?
Blake?

Any others?

MarineTracs

I still plan on attending and driving my M37. Is there anything I can bring?
I talked to several of the guys at our VMPA (Virginia Military Preservation Association) meeting yesterday and two or three of them have said they would like to attend. If a definite head count is needed I can try to find out for sure.
Also, from what I have heard, there is a fair chance of rain for next weekend. Do we want to set a rain date, just in case?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Macon, a side of beans would be a good thing. I always worry about mayonaise-based salads in the heat. We don't need anyone to keel over from food poisoning ;) I'd say we'll have about 10 people.

Chuck, do you want to bring some paper plates and forks? Maybe some condiments? That's great that some of the VMPA guys want to come.

I haven't thought of a rain date yet. It might be hard with everyone's schedule to come up with another date that would work.

We need someone to bring some chips or cookies or drinks.

I only have poles for one GP small, if someone else has poles we can set up another. Put me down for up to 4 folks total, myself, wife, dad and his wife. Is anyone bringing drinks, can someone post a list of what needs brought and who's volunteered for what...... I'll bring some drinks, i live close to the sams club and I have access to a large cooler.

Coke, Sprite, Water OK with everyone? maybe mountain dew?

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So far we have:
Member:::::::::::::Food::::::::::::Number of people
Peecook:: M109 w/grill LPG and charcoal:: 1+ ? Richmond folks
MHodges:: Baked Beans :: 1?
Steelsoldiers:: Hot dogs and buns:: 2.5 (wife and baby will probably show if it's not raining)
MarineTracs:: Paper goods, forks, mustard/ketchup :: 1+ ? VMPA guys
GunnersHusband:: Soft-drinks/water, GP small :: 4

I'll keep updating this list as we get closer to the weekend.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks David. We know you'll be there in spirit.

OK everyone. Two days to go. We need to get everything finalized. Check your name on the list and see if anything needs updated like how many people you are bringing, food, etc....

Let's try to get this ironed out so everyone can do their shopping.

Gunner, do you still want to go down a little early to get a good spot and set up the GP Small? Maybe 0930? That should give us time before everyone else gets there at 1000.

peecook

hey guys, we're leaving southside RIC at 7am, guessing it will take me at least 3 hrs down there. its just Jill and I coming down. Rick is working on his truck, he said if its up he'll be down. we will have the grill, let me know if we need to bring anything else.

To the guys not signed up yet, the weather looks like it is going to be awesome. get the trucks out there guys.

MarineTracs

I'll be heading out to the store later today or tomorrow and pick up the items listed for me. If any thing else comes up, just let me know.
Also, I have emails out to Blake and the VMPA guys to see how many or if they are attending. I'll post again tonight with any feedback.
I'm really looking forward to this.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Blake has to work in the morning, but he's going to try and swing by around noon or a little after. I have a non-SS member near me that bought a deuce from Gunner. He is going to try and make it if he's in town. I'll call him again tonight or tomorrow.

steelsoldiers said:
Blake has to work in the morning, but he's going to try and swing by around noon or a little after. I have a non-SS member near me that bought a deuce from Gunner. He is going to try and make it if he's in town. I'll call him again tonight or tomorrow.
yeah I shot him an email, he said something about you driving his truck over here?

I'm there for sure with myself and dad, could be wife, step mom and dog may come also.....I won't know for sure til morning of. I'm still in for setting up the tent early, I have to map my route while avoiding 264 if possible.... I just enjoy driving the surface streets more, plus I don't want to work the old girl too hard.

I'll see you there 0930 or earlier if you're up to it....

I'm bringing Soda, bottled water, cooler and ice and GP Small

I'll pick it up tomorrow

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah, Troy offered to let me drive his truck, but I'm going to bring the 1008 since my wife and baby might come. It needs the exercise anyways. I'll pick up several packs of dogs and buns tomorrow.

By the way, it looks like alcoholic beverages are prohibited as well as personal grills.

http://www.vbgov.com/file_source/de...acilities/Document/MountTrashmoreBrochure.pdf

Peecook, since your grill is out, do you want to bring charcoal, lighter fluid and BBQ tongs for the dogs.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks