• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1st BOB JOB!??

beaubeau

My first BOB JOB on a Deuce. Stage ! ,Cut and shorten 36inches. Removed bed, removed BOGY'S set on Commercial Diff. for the evening. Good example of how a comm. RR con be put on a Deuce, or 5 ton, even with 2 sp RR!!?? Tomorrow we Cut and Weld frame together, 36 in. shorter.

Attachments

jeli

There's a 9' dump bed complete for sale up here. It would make the perfect conversion if you didn't care about the military bed.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good pics! But please explain to us why you chose to go with a commercial rear, and not re-use the military Rockwells.

Monty

Great pictures.

What type of rear did you use? It looks like an Eaton out of a single axle dump, as long as the gear ratio's are right between the front/rear that should make one heck of a cool setup.

Keep us posted on the progress.

Chad

beaubeau

1st BOB JOB!?? Stage 2

Got some work done last couple of days. Took the Shorty for a spin down the road. All is fine. I am really enjoying this work! Maybe do another one and SELL it.
The Diff. was on temp., and just checking that a Comm. Diff. would go on. Now to find a 2sp. with Low. the same gear ratio as the front axel would be GREAT!!
Today I shall cut and shorten the BED. Anyone in New England going to MV Rally in Weare N.H. next week??

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: 1st BOB JOB!?? Stage 2

Looks great Phil. You will notice that by using the outboard springmounts, the back will look squated when finished. I'd rather have the springs outboard anyway.

sermis

If you find a 2spd axel with the same low ratio I would like to know what it came out of. That would help with mileage.

I am thinking of bobbing one of my trucks. I found two beds today. Not sure what they are off of, maybe a 101? The tags are painted and can’t be read. They beds are about a foot shorter and eight or ten inches narrower than the 105's. Top of the bed is 3” wider than the top of the back of the cab. Measuring the wheel well it looks like the axel can be left in the original location and the drive shaft will not need to be lengthened.

Attachments

beaubeau

Bob Deuce Stage 3!

Had a pretty good day. Cut and shortened the bed. Some rain, helped keep me cool while welding. Everuthing went well when I placed the bed on the TRK. 6 out of 8 bolts lined up up well. Now have to Reposition the most Rear tie downs. Just have to re-wire electrical and clean things up.

Attachments

russ81

RE: wow

i have yet to figure out why anybody would do that to an M35?

I'm doing one for several reasons. Manuverability, less parts to break, and most of all, a pick-up truck that I can't break. I've had several trucks in my life, and I am always breaking things on them. They don't make a truck that can handle the type of abuse that I subject them to.

And, it will be the biggest and badest truck on the road !!!!!!!!!!!

ChevyCowboy

Re: RE: wow

russ81 said:
i have yet to figure out why anybody would do that to an M35?

I'm doing one for several reasons. Manuverability, less parts to break, and most of all, a pick-up truck that I can't break. I've had several trucks in my life, and I am always breaking things on them. They don't make a truck that can handle the type of abuse that I subject them to.

And, it will be the biggest and badest truck on the road !!!!!!!!!!!
Well I see your problem in the background of your first set of pictures....ford, haha just kidding man, Im the same way, but Im having alot of trouble find a duece without costing me an arm and a leg

russ81

RE: Re: RE: wow

ha ha ha

I bought a Super Duty last year so I could have a truck that wouldn't break........now watch the motor go out on it this weekend.

I picked up my duce for 2k, but I have put a lot into it so far. All new bearings, seals, wheel cylinders, and brake shoes on all 4 corners. New custom made wheels. New 52" tires. Two ARB Air Lockers. I started custom making my bed this week, then I"m going to replace the motor with something insane! Should be a beast when I'm complete.

55Cameo

That truck is looking very nice. I wish that I had the crane to help lifting when I did mine. My bottle jack and me got to know one another very well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks