• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

1st official Michigan MVPA meeting Dec 11th

citizensoldier

HI Lane,

Unfortunately, I cannot make it. Is the first item on the agenda signs! lol

Looking forward to the first year of the MIMVPA!
Oooooooh !:lol:..:deadhorse: I shall follow the path of a diplomat on this. My position demands it for now. Let us just brush the dust from our feet and move forward. I will say this.. We have some awesome logos to vote on and after that we shall have some very nice signs for sure..

quote of the day
"You have to spend money to make money" :cool:fat lady sings
I am sure you will make the next meeting Ted.. It's a busy time for everyone with Christmas parties and family stuff. We just need to get some voting taken care of so we can move forward and make plans for the year's events. I will make sure and put you down for every committee and maybe even a officer position. LOL
Lane

TedG

Eric, give me a heads up of about 2 months and the meeting can be at my place (home or business). Have a great meeting before the storm starts. Have fun!

Preacherboy

I am interested in being part of a group, but how many different groups are there in this state? What are their differences? I don't really have time to join all of them and go to several different group's meetings...or are these MV groups like churches? Lots of options and go to the one you like the best? or what?

By the way, I would not be able to make this meeting tomorrow anyway as I have a funeral to do.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eric, give me a heads up of about 2 months and the meeting can be at my place (home or business). Have a great meeting before the storm starts. Have fun!

Either would be a great place, your office is easy to get to, but all would be impressed with your shop and your collection.
I was going to spend the night at Higgins Lake after the meeting but since the weather guessers are calling for the end of the world, I might just drive home tonight so I can take the deuce out for a little fun before the plows clear the roads. We'll see!

citizensoldier

I am interested in being part of a group, but how many different groups are there in this state? What are their differences? I don't really have time to join all of them and go to several different group's meetings...or are these MV groups like churches? Lots of options and go to the one you like the best? or what?

By the way, I would not be able to make this meeting tomorrow anyway as I have a funeral to do.
Hmmm.. I will only comment on the Michigan MVPA. Our goal is to be (active) in the MV world, premote the hobby through public interaction and education, honor and assist veterans, and save and teach our military history in all its forms.
I know of only 4 major groups in the State
Michigan MVPA
Arsenal of Democracy
MMMT Michigan Museum of Military Transport
Great Lakes MVPA

So not" lots of options" and nothing like churches. A little research and the differences are very apparent. But I think you should join us! LOL:-D:-D Shall I have the newsletter sent to you along with a registration form ?

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good meeting guys and gals! Looking forward to the next. Great to see everyone.

hummer4x4guy

Lane,
Has it been considered to get an email list going for those of us who dont spend 1/2 of every waking moment on here? So we will know when a meeting is coming up. I need a month in advance usually to get a day off for weekends.
Joel

citizensoldier

Lane,
Has it been considered to get an email list going for those of us who dont spend 1/2 of every waking moment on here? So we will know when a meeting is coming up. I need a month in advance usually to get a day off for weekends.
Joel
Hi Joel
We have a email list that was just compiled at our first meeting taking info from the registration forms. Have you filled one out? I can have Andrew mail you one so you will get the emails and contribute to the pot :mrgreen:. This is a months notice for you. LOL.. Well a month and 6 days so I hope to see you there.
Regards
Lane

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
citizensoldiercitizensoldiercitizensoldier I will half to get with you on member ship PM me I send my Phone number to you.
Also started new BOB Deuce excab and custom box.:driver:
319 still have not for got you still have contac M1028A1 in the works.
Have a Happy new year.:jumpin:

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes you do and so do I ! :shock:
Your kit is in route on the back of a very big and hairy fella ? I think they call them things a Sasquatch? A little more round and smelly than Chewbaka Anyway enjoy and no extra charge for the duct tape..:D

I'm guessin' I should pack some heat in case he tries to get fresh.
Thanks for the duct tape, I was getting low.