• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2,000 mi. trek in a 925

jimbo66348

Saturday I started my trip from Utica n.y. to San Antonio TX. I made it 150 miles before being stranded on the nys thruway. 6 hours waiting for a tow truck. and 750.00 later, I was towed to an International dealer. 385.25 more, and she is back up and running. I was told that the fuel filters were changed, the fuel pump was tightened, and a missing woodruff key was replaced. The fuel filters were changed out, not long ago, the transfer pump didn't seem loose, and the injection pump had no signs of being loose, either. I brought lots of tools, but of course I didn't have what I needed. Leaving at 3 am to drive back to truck, and start again. Heading to Cleveland, then down to Memphis, then straight down to I-10, and on to San Antonio. I'm gonna try to drive slower to get better than 5mpg. I'll give updates, as I can. I only have my phone, so I can't post pics.

MtnSnow

If you cruise along at 55-60 mph on level ground you should see around 7-8mpg with the 8.3L with your estimated weight unless the fuel has been turned up, over 60 mph and your economy will drop.

61sleepercab

Must be something in the New York water that causes urge for road trips in odd vehicles . i met in my Spencer WV Walmart parking lot a NY father and son team driving a Model T Ford from New York to Charleston, WV to visit family. Good luck and safe motoring. Mark

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I drove a M925A2 from Tonopah, AZ to San Antonio, TX and I feel your pain. I think I got around 8-10mpg, but I was not loaded.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just talked to Jim. He is making miles well, truck is running great. He is stopped for a break about 40 miles from Columbus OH. Here is a pick of his rig, if you see him say HI!

image.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks