• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2,000 mi. trek in a 925

dmetalmiki

That looks SOO close to the awning!..And what an interesting and unusually equipped truck? Makes it Look Very potent. Be good to see more pictures and a write up on that adventure. Wish him well on his mission...(that IS one heck of a monster looking truck). Awesome.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last time I talked to Jim he was 12 miles or so into Mississippi, heading for Louisiana. That was a few hours ago. Truck is running great, the a$$ not holding up as well.

jimbo66348

I made it back home Sunday afternoon. All is well. My initial problem, was that somebody removed the woodruff key from the throttle linkage and it slipped.all went well with truck after that, till I got to my destination. My tow setup was originally going to be a tow bar, but a friend gave me a tee-bar from a tow truck. I welded another pulley on the bottom of my boom to use it. I removed the headache ball to hook the cable directly to it. The crane is an 8 ton unit that I had on another truck and installed it on this 925. Either on my last fuel fill, or crossing Tx. 16 to get on the access road, the rear wheels of my GMC hit the ground and spun my transfer case, which made my front driveshaft spin around and rip a hole in my oil filter, then fall out onto the ground. Never to be seen again. After changing the oil filter and driving into San Antonio, a Mexican Eagle decided to fly into my headlight, and break it. Then I had to put a set of tires on the truck. After this, I needed an alignment, but said no to the 900.00 plus estimate. I had enough. To make matters worse, three days before I left, the extension chain on my third boom section broke. It didn't get used, it just broke from driving the truck around. It had a crack in the 1 inch diameter bolt, and broke from bouncing around while driving. Right before I left to come back to the North, I telescoped the boom out a few feet, and when I attempted to retract it, something broke on the retract chain side. Like I said: enough, is enough. I left it like that, and will fix it in the not too distant future.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks