• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 1/2 years later and the 1009 is back on the road.

Hal O'Peridol

IP went out on the 1009, and during that time of trying to install a new one by myself and not being real successful I also severly injured my back at work.

Found a local mechanic who I bartered with and drove the truck back from his shop tonight. Forgot how much fun it was to drive.

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good to hear you got that happiness back in your life! Hopefully that helps your spirits as you deal with your back problem. Prayers your way!

dmetalmiki

This worked for me. took nearly a year. Nearly as good as..45! research MSN 1000. Glucosamin Sulphate, Chrondroitin. Bromalian. Cod Liver Oil, Omega 3. Ginko and Ginseng. I take the lot TWICE a day. Still doing the hobby. (yet I was originally diagnosed with chronic degenerative osteo arthritis.And using a walking stick (Sound terrible!. WAS..ISN'T now)) and Well, You won't feel worse at any rate. Side effect..A definate INCREASE in cognitive and memory function!.

Hal O'Peridol

Unfortunately it's not my bones, I have damaged disks at L3-L4 and L5-S1. For some odd reason L4-5 is fine. Went to the best neurosurgeon in the area, he said I have a better chance of coming out worse than better. So no surg for me. Least I'm still working.

Hal O'Peridol

Spent the afternoon today chasing down small gremlins to fix after sitting for so long. Idle solenoid sticky, replaced that with a known good used. Kept having hard start issues, pulled put the circuit test light, found out a slice on the 12v conversion had gotten a bunch of green ooze. will repair slice in am and shrink tube it. Took it for an extended test drive, couple lights in the instrument panel need to be replaced, need new speedo cable installed, and forgot the inside door latch does not work.

Nothing serious, easy to fix stuff. I did buy a new airfilter, old one was in really bad shape with rust.

Its fun to chase these down and fix, unlike the directional signal issue with my 2006 Ram. Ugh..

Hal O'Peridol

Completed some work on the M1009. Replaced wire from bus bar to glow plug relay. Everything works as it is supposed to for the first time in years. Also had to repair and reinsulate wiring from bus bar to alternator. It had pretty much fallen apart and the alt was no longer charging. It has some wierd 12v conversion on it that was there when I got the truck. Took it out for a test drive, at the local ice cream parlor a local cop told me my brake lights were inop. Tested switch and voltage, just needed to re-position the switch a little.

Going in next to replace the PS pump and hoses. Pump has been leaking like a sieve since I hit and ran over that deer.

I also went to a pick and pull and grabbed two bucket seats and a center console out of a mid 90s club cab picket. Painted the console OD, and the seats are a burgundy color, just need a little brownish color to match up. I will keep the original seats, have them rebuilt and set aside. Newer ones are more comfy.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks