• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2-2.5 lift question

kabar1

I've read a lot I mean a lot of post on here about lifts, what would b a good lift for a saggy rear end , I would like it to sit level, I plan on putting on 33s. Would it be a 3 in the back and 2.5 in front, I also have a set of rear springs off a civy blazer, what's the least expensive, right way to do this?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You would need to determine how much sag the rear has to determine what lift is needed to level it out. If you plan on doing a lift kit anyways, Install that first to get your measurement. New front lift springs will sag a bit as they settle in!

kabar1

CUSTOM being the keyword on the rear leaf springs, that's where my problem lies I think possible , I'm wondering if my rear sag is from worn out leaf spring or shocks or maybe both?

Westech

CPL
Shocks do not lift a truck. Even had charged won't lift a truck . You can do a 2 inch lift just with add a leafs front and rear. I ran 36 hummer bias tires on a stock 08 with no lift.

Sharecropper

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can do an easy 2" lift without having to change your drive shafts or steering modification with a simple spring swap. Give Steve at Off Road Designs a call.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

kabar1

So with a saggy rear end and probally worn out shocks , don't know if add a shackle is a good idea? Probally 4 springs and for shackles? After market?

Ilikemtb999

I'm going thru this exact process right now. I installed 2" tuff country HD springs up front and went cheap with 2" lift blocks. My rear springs turned out to be saggier than I thought because it's currently sitting about an 1 1/2" lower in back. I ordered up a set of tuff country add a leafs that are supposed to raise it 2" so I'll see what that does.

Oh and my front springs were quite saggy as well. They measured about 1 1/2" lower than oe (according to ord) and in total the tuff country 2" lift springs raised it 4" from where it sat.

Ilikemtb999

Yep, probably the best bet. I went with the tuff country sx8000 shocks as well which are made in the USA as well as their springs. Was a nice surprise.

My add a leafs show up tomorrow and I should have them in by Thursday. I'll let you know.

Ilikemtb999

I forgot about this thread so I figured I should update. I installed the rear tuff country add a leafs and it brought the rear up nearly 2". I'm now leveled out and sitting 2" higher than what stock was supposed to be.

kabar1

So you used the add a leafs in the back with the blocks also? Ride good still? Any pictures of the springs?, truck looks great love the color also, what was the total cost ? For all the lift?

Last edited:

Ilikemtb999

I used new tuff country front HD 2" lift springs, 2" blocks in the rear with 2" tuff country add a leafs. All that plus new u bolts for the front and the shocks I'm about $700ish.

donalloy1

I forgot about this thread so I figured I should update. I installed the rear tuff country add a leafs and it brought the rear up nearly 2". I'm now leveled out and sitting 2" higher than what stock was supposed to be.
Any modifications required for drive line, front end etc???? Really like finished product! DMLII sends