• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2.73 to 2.56 conversion?

Rmtaunton

Ok a modified model 20 , as in amc originally but think ring and pinion are the same the housing is obviously different set up for yokes instead of tubes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've re-geared a lot of things. While just a R&P might be cheaper on paper. Buying new bearings and a shim kit. Then any tools you might not have. Then the time and effort of pulling the diffs to start with. I don't see any advantage of changing the R&P over replacing the entire unit. The entire unit has to be removed out to do anything to it. Unless you're wanting a custom ratio. (Using a AMC 20 gear) Only R&P in a military vehicle I'd replace alone would be a Corp 14 bolt in a 1008/1010/1028/1031. But anyone that's been in a 14 bolt would understand why I'd say that.

Action

The instructions are in the TM. Why not look to see what would be involved in a gear swap. as in, the housing needs to be spread 0.010" (.25mm).

17 pages just to install part in a clean housing.