• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 ball or 3 ? What's your preference?

Mario

So I asked a question a few weeks ago about check balls in the valve body on 1991 M936A2.
While taking mine apart, 2 balls fell out. Stupid rookie mistake.
I asked about locations and was provided SM for MT654 that clearly showed 3 locations.
I didn't think I could have lost one of the balls, but they are small and whatever.
So I ordered one from Allison. $25 later, I had 3rd one in my hand.
I installed it and I'm just waiting to reinstall a pan, when Chris, who also had to drop his, carefully took VB apart to reveal only 2 balls!
So now I don't know if I should remove the 3rd (new) ball I just got, or leave it and see what it does?
BTW, I'm a noob, and this is my first exposure to M939 trucks, so it's not like I can draw on experience to see what this tranny is going to do if I leave the 3rd ball in? I just got the truck and it didn't drive when I dragged it home.
Didn't know if Allison or Army removed 3rd ball because of PTO demands of the wrecker truck, or ...
P.S. The included video is from a few weeks ago before I had the pics from SM or Chris. https://photos.app.goo.gl/9Djjxj38kdkVQQAy5

1623618540588.png1623618509317.png

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks