• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 door to 4 door conversion question....

Bocephus

Have a couple questions that I'm sure some of you can answers.

I'm going to turn one of my trucks into a 4 door. Looks like all I need to make this happen is the rear doors, top, and that back bar the top goes over. Question is, what is that bar called so I can go online and order one?

And is there anything else I am missing for this?

Thanks.

cruzinz28

I believe you are referencing the C-Pillar that the rear of the 4-Man top attaches too. I have about 4 extra I got in a trade a while back. I'm in Maryland so we would have to get a shipping quote and work out a price if you interested - Jesse

Bocephus

I'm absolutely interested Jesse. Let me know what you come up with for a price. Send me a message and we can work something out. Thanks.

avlon01

There are a few more pieces you will need. I just got done with mine and still have the instructions - I can scan them if you want.

The rear strikers, a horizontal rail, two footman loops, and the two side rail assemblies are all required.

I bought the whole four door kit and it was easy with two people.

Action

left handrail
right handrail
left door striker
right door striker
rear curtain
2 footman loops
c-pillar
fitted cover
right, rear door
left, rear door.
nuts and bolts

Bocephus

Maybe you all can help with another issue I'm having. The **** blinkers quit working the other day. They worked fine, then started just staying on solid (instead of blinking), and then just quit. Any thoughts on what part I need to buy?

HAWKMAN

Have a couple questions that I'm sure some of you can answers.

I'm going to turn one of my trucks into a 4 door. Looks like all I need to make this happen is the rear doors, top, and that back bar the top goes over. Question is, what is that bar called so I can go online and order one?

And is there anything else I am missing for this?

Thanks.
I have T/O rear doors in good used condition...PM me if you still need.....

exssdru

There are a few more pieces you will need. I just got done with mine and still have the instructions - I can scan them if you want.

The rear strikers, a horizontal rail, two footman loops, and the two side rail assemblies are all required.

I bought the whole four door kit and it was easy with two people.
Where did you get the "four door kit"?

jmb6741

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You also need 2 door hinges for each side. Easy job though, have fun! I just finished one.

Last edited:

roadsofa

This forum is full of great information, this is the best thread I've found so far. Most threads on other forums have plenty of pictures, but little descriptions of the components. The only thing more helpful would be the part numbers associated with the components. I may start looking those up shortly. Thank you guys!

ryanruck

This forum is full of great information, this is the best thread I've found so far. Most threads on other forums have plenty of pictures, but little descriptions of the components. The only thing more helpful would be the part numbers associated with the components. I may start looking those up shortly. Thank you guys!
No need to hunt down the individual components unless you're a glutton for punishment. :mrgreen:

Breton Industries has complete kits that include everything except rear seat belts. Price is shipped too.

(Also, part numbers of all components are at the link too if you're curious.)

Augdog1964

Hey all, putting a helmet top on mine (Amtech), do I need a C-pillar installation?
I don't have the top yet, but runs in my mind they C pillar is integrated into the top?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks