• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 inch SPACER ON TOP OF COIL SPRINGS

tigertank

I'm not looking to do the body lift but the spacers on the spring probably about 2 inches or so who did you get yours from and I assume the ones for the H1 would be the same for the Humvee right

tigertank

I'm not looking to do the body lift but to do the spacers on the Springs probably 2 to 3 in who did you buy yours from if you remember and I assume the H1 kit be the same as the Humvee

HETvet

Rubber duck 4X4. Yes, the H1 and HMMWV suspension lifts (coil spacers) are the same. The M1114 springs have a much higher spring rate, but will also provide some lift. Same with the H1 alpha springs

Dock Rocker

I got my hand slapped for posting a direct link but you can get the coil spacers off of the big evil auction site. If you search for

Hmmwv Humvee H1 coil spring spacer suspension lift

you will get to them. I think they are $200 for a set of 4. I haven’t tried them but I do have a set waiting on the arrival of my next hmmwv. They are made well and look like they will do the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dock Rocker

There are quite a few people that have done 40’s with a 2 inch lift. Most use body lifts but a puck / suspension lift will do the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mogger7

if you look at the Humvee suspension .a 2 inch spring spacer is going to give you 4 inches or so because the spring is about half way out the length of the control arm so the amount of movement out at the end where the ball joint will be greater

HETvet

In my personal experience, if your running a true 40” tire; on the rim and Aired up, measured from the bottom of the tread to the top of the tread, you CAN physically fit it. But if you start to articulate the suspension and/or in a full lock steering angle, your going to have moderate rub issues. If you want to wheel your truck and run 40s; I suggest 3”s of total lift minimum.

You can some what easily get up to 8” of total lift with these trucks; 3” body lift (puck style), 2” body lift (body mount style), 2-3” suspension lift (spring spacer), and new springs (depending upon age of the current springs). Some of these trucks have had up to 1.5-2” of spring sag due to fatigue and age of the springs.

Gumby23

Does anyone have a set of these physically in their hands that they could measure the dimensions for me? I have a machinist with some extra time on his hands. OD and ID and OD of lip and height of the lip.

Strail9

Here are the measurements to build a spacer for 2” of lift

OD 7”
ID 5”
Height 0.75”
Inner lip that sticks up that fit down inside the actual coil is 1/8” thick and 0.75” higher than the spacer it self.

Even tho the spacer is not 2” high, the geometry of the suspension once the space is in place gives you 2” of total lift.

Hope this helps

Broccoli2

I believe the Dirt Every Day HMMWV has 42" tires and they did cut the front fenders to make them fit.
I'll let you know exactly what they did when my EUC clears. Haha

jackson76550

The shim helps reduce the angle of the ball joint to the knuckle. About a 1" shim is about 3" of lift on the one i did. If you can get the spring installed with a 2" spacer....that would be impressive. The entire weight of the truck was required to get the little 3" lift spacers installed which are about 1". IMG_8739.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks