• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 M37s Saved from the scrapper

zout

DH - Zouts Magic Wand is overcharged at this time - since the last big project of waving this across and sticking it back in its charger - I would almost have to agree its time to bring it out again.

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
DH - Zouts Magic Wand is overcharged at this time - since the last big project of waving this across and sticking it back in its charger - I would almost have to agree its time to bring it out again.
Attached Thumbnails

Looks to me like you conducted your annual grass cutting operation and found the "magic wand" Babybear pooped out last April at the "pig roast party!!":roll::roll::roll:

If you look closely at the "hand grip"...right about where your thumb is touching the magic wand there should be a serial number...I bet it is OU812...and it is CAMO property...and highly classified...and accountable...and expect a visit from Guido and Vinny tomorrow!:whistle:

Attachments

WBrun334

Glad the M37's were saved. They are in good hands with PapaBear. The trucks will probably wind up with OD paint but has anyone ever thought about restoring one to fire department condition. The tanker conversion looks good.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Glad the M37's were saved. They are in good hands with PapaBear. The trucks will probably wind up with OD paint but has anyone ever thought about restoring one to fire department condition. The tanker conversion looks good.
Both tanks are farkeled and I wouldn't have a clue what fire department condition is supposed to be.:oops::oops:

They will either be brought up to semi-motor pool class OD green M37s or used for parts...but we don't need any parts...so maybe they will just graze the pasture here for a spell....at least they ain't gonna die!:-D

Last edited:

Wolfen

Wreckerman, what is the Name of the Cartoon Character you are using as a Avatar? I know i've seen it before, I just can't Remember the Name.

Milbikes

That would be Pogo. He was a resident of Okefenokee Swamp along with a cast of some brilliant....and not so brilliant characters. Great books, and a lot of wisdom that is timeless.

babysittersdriver

M37 and LT

Ya done good PB!. Is that a red light/siren combo on the right front fender of the one? Don't throw that away! And as for LT's memory, I am sorry we never met face to face but we did talk on the phone a couple times. He will be part of the Daughter of Darkness when I get her done.

zout

Not to hijack the thread - but there is a story behind that branch (magic wand).

Last Saturday - Ole Bear decides while we are all walking around the compound back 40 to pick up this L O N G branch (not a stick) - more like a LOG.

So this over muscled canine has this LOG handing from his jaws of death and runs into the back end of me (Dave was not paying attention to him) because he wants to go play FETCH. Well - he finally decides to let the dang thing loose and I can hardly pick this thing up - less toss it into the air. SO I broke off a piece (magic wand) and my buddy got really pissed I broke it. He would not fetch the piece I broke - he wanted the larger/longer/much heavier piece tossed - and if you do not throw it far enough - he is pissed making you go get it and re-throw it. I did have to see my chiropractor Monday and advised this ole chit to stop trying to toss logs.

So I kept the shorter piece and yes after inspection I found it serial numbered - PB even has all the stones in his driveway serial numbered.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good save, PB. Those -37s don't look so far gone, and they were certainly worth what you paid for them. Get them a good home!

Eric's hifim37

Thank you !

Thank you for saving these trucks, I know there is a lot of M37's still out there but the day will come when there are none left, then what we going to fix up a Toyota, YUCK !

I drive a M37 daily, what fun, lots of positive attention and many thumbs up !
It is a very dependable hard working truck too !

Eric..

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "37's" are out there, I've got a couple of my own that I just need to get here from where they've been living and hiding for awhile, and there is another that some guy south of here has sitting out in his back yard, guess its supposed to be a parts truck for one he has in the barn. But even the parts truck has bows and all. Makes one a little nervous seeing them sit outside wasting away.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks