• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 M37s Saved from the scrapper

Today at the hooch, PapaBear and the rest of us managed to drag the M37 in via forklift and did some work to it. I pretty much stood around and drank beer :beer:, watched/criticized/laughed at the shoddy work being done. Babybear supervised most of the day. We took out the water tank and piping from the bed and worked on getting it started. Never did get it running....YET. there is spark and it chugs when gas is poured into the cylinders. needs a carb rebuild. But, at least we know it will run for sure.

The methods used are not OSHA approved. It was more a of a hey yall, watch this type of operation... :beer:

*edit- once again, the computer picture grimlens got me. I'm trying to figure out how to make my computer box thingy make these pictures right side up.

Attachments

Last edited:

babysittersdriver

Don't sweat it. OSHA was created in 1970 thus all M37's are exempt from its jurisdiction since they were all made before than. If there's ever any question, just tell them you read it on the internet so it has to be fact!

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Today at the hooch, PapaBear and the rest of us managed to drag the M37 in via forklift and did some work to it. I pretty much stood around and drank beer :beer:, watched/criticized/laughed at the shoddy work being done. Babybear supervised most of the day. We took out the water tank and piping from the bed and worked on getting it started. Never did get it running....YET. there is spark and it chugs when gas is poured into the cylinders. needs a carb rebuild. But, at least we know it will run for sure.
The methods used are not OSHA approved. It was more a of a hey yall, watch this type of operation... :beer:
Make sure you don't tell em about the drain pipe under the center of the tank...you know...the one we didn't know about and kept lifting the entire rear of the truck instead of the tank...:shock:

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks