• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 M931's from Camp Shelby, MS to St Louis

Andy1234

I recently won (2) M931's from Camp Shelby, MS. Both run and drove, per the auction listing and video.

I had originally planned on having them trucked home, but due to a trucking company cancellation (on day 9 of the 10 day removal period) I ended up driving down on Sunday to pick them up. My co-conspirator, Hairba11, came along and drove the chase vehicle (and the lack of pictures is _entirely_ his fault! :grin:)

We showed up to the base on Monday @ 8AM, got directions and found the yard (it wasn't hard, the lot has 3000 M931's in it). Oh, on another note: if you've ever been to Camp Shelby, you know that there are quite a few CUCV's still in the system.

Anyway, the GL rep was gone (even though I talked w/ him less then 20 minutes prior to my arrival :roll:) and the yard people had no idea that I was coming, so I was off to a good start. However, since I had multiple copies of the paperwork needed, we soon headed out and found my 2 trucks.

They gave them a jump, wished us luck and then left us alone. It was actually nice, it took Hairba11 and I approx 1-1/2 hours to get the tow bar hooked up, drop the driveshafts in the one truck, check air pressure, oil, yada yada yada..

14 hours later, I arrived in St Louis. Crossing the bridge on I-55 from Memphis to Arkansas at 9 PM, in the dark, with one headlight, as the other had just burned out, while squeezed next to a tractor trailer was probably one of the scariest things I have done in the past 5 years... Otherwise, the rest of the trip was relatively uneventful.

m931's in MS - YouTube

Andy

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks