• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 man hmmwv question

ohiohmmwv

When the hmmwv is setup as a 2 man truck with the troop seats, etc in the back, are there parts to cover the holes where the 2 back seats normally would be, so there aren't holes in the truck's box?

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
there's also a couple options to fill in the side, either with a door type compartment or a filler panel.

ohiohmmwv

Would anyone have a picture of the panels that would cover up these gaps/holes in the bed of the truck? I've done a lot of searching but haven't found anything.

dilvoy

The seat back panels that were pictured would have a cushion attached and they are placed down behind the seat base to form the seat back. They are lifted out and laid down, with the cushion facing down and towards the front, to form the floor for when the side filler panels are installed and the vehicle is used as a two man cargo vehicle.

ohiohmmwv

oh, ok, that's what I was thinking. so they are the only real cover panel for when the hmmwv is used as a pickup style truck? no other ones exist? they seem narrow though. i assume there's still a gap left between the seat panel and the 1/2 door panel even when they're layed down flat.

dilvoy

The filler panel that closes off the door opening has a piece rived to it that extends inwards and fills the gap that the seat back does not fill when in the "bed" configuration. Rain, snow and dirt will still get in below all of these parts, but it's basically closed off.

ohiohmmwv

I've noticed a difference between some of the 1/2 doors, maybe someone can fill me in. I have noticed pictures of some of the 1/2 doors have rivets that run half way down across the door. I assume this would connect the horizontal "shelf" that extends to fill in the gap that dilvoy is talking about. But I've also seen other 1/2 doors that simply look like a flat piece with no rivetting, just a blank panel. Why the difference? Different model hmmwv's?

jwaller

I've got a set of the half doors that have latches and a panel that goes on the forward side. Basically the half doors are a few inches narrower than the std rear door.

pm me if your interested in them.

nf6x

Feral Engineer
The first set of filler panels I got for my HMMWV were plain ones, and I later got a set that had hinged bottom sections so that the rear footwells are accessible from the outside of the truck. I think I got them off eBay, and that was several years ago.

When I converted my truck to a shelter carrier, I cut some notches in my old seat backs so I could use them as filler panels to block off the read footwells. Without modification, they don't fit when the shelter mounting frame is installed. The original style S-250 shelter carrier would have the door filler panels, but the rear footwells would be left open. I preferred to close off the footwells to create a pair of somewhat enclosed storage compartments.

I think I would like to convert my truck to a slant-back weapon carrier one of these days, so I'll need to get a new pair of seat backs since I cut up the original ones for my modified shelter carrier configuration.

So far, I've had my truck in several different configurations:

• 4-door soft-top, both with and without the cargo area cover.
  • 2-door cargo/troop carrier, both with and without the cargo area cover.
  • 2-door shelter carrier

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks