• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 truck tractor rescue

Earth

I know that pictures are needed here, but I only have a camera that takes film.

Anyway, while mowing hay today in a John Deere 6615 4 wheel drive tractor, with 38 in wheels, I hit a sink hole and sunk to the floorboards. No warning, just dropped down in and stopped dead. Quite a surprise. The field is new to me, and it happened where a pond used to be. Water is apparently pumping up from the spring that used to fill the pond. It has also rained all summer.

I went back to the farm and got my 5 ton and my son to help. We hooked the big recovery chains to the front of the tractor and tried to pull it out going forward. Nothing. The mower was on hard ground, so we dug down around the hitch pin and got the mower un-hooked from the tractor. We pulled it back and re-hitched to another tractor and finished mowing.

Then we brought in a deuce and backed it up to the rear of the tractor. the five ton too.

Two MVs in low 1st, side by side, smokin and roaring walked that tractor up and out. From 40 inches down in the muck.It didn't make getting stuck worth it, but close. Guess I should buy a camera.