• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2 Trucks from SC to GA

1crook

I have an M35A2 in Blythewood, SC that is missing the steering box. The truck will have to be transported on a trailer because it cannot be steered. I am also considering on buying another M35A2 from GL in Columbia, SC. I live in Statham, GA 30666. One truck would need to be picked up from a friend’s home in Blythewood, SC and the other potentially from a GL lot. I would like to get them home in one trip to save on costs. If someone could please give me a quote to haul them on a trailer my location.
Thanks,
Dawn

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AM,
It would add a bit to the trip mileage, but I've got a 109 at Wreckerman's that needs to get from his place to Columbia, SC - so it would be something to do on the return leg, or at least part of it. If you help Dawn out, let me know if you are interested in another adventure.

jwaller

run you about 500 for me to do it and I'll need a dock to offload it.

I'm coming to atlanta in the next 2 weeks anyway and it would be a pleasure to bring them over when I come by anyway. 500 would cover the fuel and thats all I'm worried about.

Last edited:

1crook

I should have sent you guys with a torch the first time. ;-)
He is a novice with the torch though, wonder how much of a truck I would have had left after he got through with it.

Wait, Wreckerman could have spotted him with the torch to ensure that he did not set the grass or the truck on fire. rofl

fixed it for you:-D

1crook

I would love to have you do it, but unfortunately we do not have access to a dock. Clinto has one at work, but we could not off load a truck onto it.

Thanks,

Dawn

run you about 500 for me to do it and I'll need a dock to offload it.

I'm coming to atlanta in the next 2 weeks anyway and it would be a pleasure to bring them over when I come by anyway. 500 would cover the fuel and thats all I'm worried about.

TaylorTradingCo

truck hauling

My gooseneck has treadplate ramps and a built in winch, so I can self load and unload as long as it rolls, but as I told you privately I can only carry one at a time.

Derek Taylor

jwaller

I would love to have you do it, but unfortunately we do not have access to a dock. Clinto has one at work, but we could not off load a truck onto it.

Thanks,

Dawn
you don't have any place where I could back the trailer into a ditch or culvert or anything like that. don't know of any by the side of the road anywhere close? I know one must be trailered. how about the other?

1crook

you don't have any place where I could back the trailer into a ditch or culvert or anything like that. don't know of any by the side of the road anywhere close? I know one must be trailered. how about the other?
I cannot think of any place nearby with a ditch that is close enough to us. The problem with the truck that needs to be trailered is that it is so difficult to tow it without the steering box. The other truck can probably be driven. I have not seen it yet, I would imagine that it might need to be jumped or need new batteries.

greenjeepster

You should deck the one without the steering box on the runner and drive it back.... I have been looking for somebody to try decking a deuce on a deuce and then share all the "what not to dos" :grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks