• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

20" Hutchinson Rims

Construction

These were just bought from Gov't Liquidation. They are brand new. They will not fit the M800 series or the M900 series. Anyone know what they go on? The bolts holes are smaller and are not beveled; and the hub size is larger (11").

Construction

They were bought by mistake thinking they would fit the M800 or M900 series. Now my friend is stuck with these. I guess he will put them up on ebay. 16 of them.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater. You can get adapter plates for them.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I can get them made for you. (militaryoffroadtires.net) As well as several other members here.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
How many trucks do you have? The plates are a little spendy I have to say. The plates do not include bolts. You'll need 10 1" bolts and nuts as well. Only buy enough for the vehicles, not the wheels.

mdmorgan

AM3 U.S. Navy
You can't use adapter plates to mount the MRAP wheels to a 5ton without machining the wheel. It would be just like what you have to do to a hemtt wheel to put it on a deuce.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Crap, I had a major brain fart. You're putting these on a 5 ton. Machine work would be needed to do that on the wheels. Not just as simple as adapting the MRAP to a deuce pattern. Sorry.

peashooter

You can't use adapter plates to mount the MRAP wheels to a 5ton without machining the wheel. It would be just like what you have to do to a hemtt wheel to put it on a deuce.
Exactly, These MRAP wheels are ideal for the deuce since you dont need to do any mods to the wheels, just bolt an adapter on and done!
I believe Hemtt rims bolt right on to the 5 tons right? Its funny how this all works out.... Everyone wants the Hemmt rims to fit the deuce, then the MRAPS come out cheap and everyone wants them to fit the 5 tons its a little backwards.

I've got adapters for the MRAPS to fit Deuces in the classifieds but to get them to fit a 5 ton you would need to modify the rim or have some thick adapters made that would probably give too much offset

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks