• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

20" X 10 " 10 hole rims, has anyone used them

sermis

I ran across some 20" X 10" 10 hole rims. They have 20 bold beadlocks. The beadlock is about 7 3/4 " wide.
The wheels have a 11 1/2" backspace, 13" from outside to outside.
Numbers on the wheels are 051010800 T20 X 10 Titan EW USA.
Has anyone ever used this rim and replaced the centers to work on the DUCE?

Attachments

I am involved in a truck build currently using Rockwells and 16.00x20's. However, a 5-ton with an engine fire became available 100 miles away while we were planning the wheel program, so the 2-1/2 tons were sold and we got the wet-brake 5-tons and matching combat / dual bead-lock wheels. The 2-1/2 ton Rockwells were sold to a friend, and He will be re-centering an older set of 10 hole combat / dual bead-locks, probably using the center of the split-ring 6-lug wheel, turned to match the ID of the combat rim shell, with the center cut out of the original combat wheel 'outer'. Much like fellows on Pirate (i know, i know, no need to tell me about the horrible things some of them do) as well as the folks on Alaska4x4network.

The only questions are your tool collection, and fabrication skills / desire. As this is my first post, and I am not familiar with any individual here, I realize I may be overstating the obvious.

Recentering is and can be done, but if you find a smoking deal on wet-brake 5-tons... well...either way is a big pain.

peace
Dave

Jones

Pretty desirable rim. They come on the HEMTTs and people pay big bucks for them. You might look into a set of 10:00X20 Budd wheels. Truck wreckers call them "garbage truck wheels" 'cause most refuse trucks run them. They run around $75.00 ea and wouldn't be such a sacrifice to re-center. Sell the beadlocks for what they are and you'll probably be pretty close to getting the re-centered set for free. Look in the Tech Articles section; there's a drwg of the three piece rim I posted (mis-labeled 1100X20, should be 1000X20) It 'll give you an idea what they look like.

sermis

I have six of these rims and could get more. Any one in the tradding mood. I need some 10X 20 rims that will fit the 2 1/2 ton rockwells?

M1075

I have traded 6 lug double beadlock rims for 5 ton double beadlock rims before. I have 2 new 5 tons I need to single out. I'm interested in trade or purchase.

rizzo

I have 4 rims from a 1400R20 NDCC tire. I don't know the width of them. Would that be 10" wide? they are duelly split rims

sermis

My options are open. I had access to about 50+ rims. should have gotten more. Might can if they have not gone into the crusher yet. was there yesterday and he still had them. I need 6 or 7 rims for my Duce, wanted to rune 14 or 16's. I have 6 of the 10 X 20 ten hole rims now with O rings and valve stems. No nuts. Was going to recenter but rim swap is much eaiser.

rizzo

do they have any 10 hole 20 inch split rim? I need the 2 piece ring off of that. 8 of them.

admin, I don't know how to upload a file from the web. these are the proper size though.

rizzo

sermis said:
I ran across some 20" X 10" 10 hole rims. They have 20 bold beadlocks. The beadlock is about 7 3/4 " wide.

I have one of these. I was wondering if I should keep it and get 5 more or get rid of it. Do they leak alot?

mudguppy

more so than the lug pattern, i would wonder more about the backspacing on those wheels. it may be too much for a 5 ton?? it has so much backspacing because of the FMTVs planetary hubs.

These wheels and axles came from the same 5-ton. I believe they are the same as the wheel pictured. I have one dissasembled which I will get photos of tonight.

Hope it helps answer a question or two.

http://www.rustywagoneers.com/Volvo2/volvoZ1.jpg

Not 100% sure I have that image tag correct, I will edit if necessary after submitting this post.

peace
Dave

EDIT. having read the Mod. note on the use of the IMG tag, I will leave this as a link.

bigford

rizzo said:
sermis said:

I have one of these. I was wondering if I should keep it and get 5 more or get rid of it. Do they leak alot?
Doing a little research on these rims and ran across this post. Downloaded the tire manual, but so far I'm 0 for 2 attempts. No beadlocks just plain old tubeless 1600 XZLs.
One has a real slow leak but the other a definite no-go. Any tricks to keeping the air in?
Thinking of some silicone to help seal but want to ask first.
Thanks

rizzo

derby said:
What is the back spacing on a five ton super single?I thought they were all the same?
two of mine is 0. dead center. most of them are about 3 or 4 I would have to measure again to be sure. Let me know if you want exact.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks