• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

20" X 10 " 10 hole rims, has anyone used them

sermis

I ran across some 20" X 10" 10 hole rims. They have 20 bold beadlocks. The beadlock is about 7 3/4 " wide.
The wheels have a 11 1/2" backspace, 13" from outside to outside.
Numbers on the wheels are 051010800 T20 X 10 Titan EW USA.
Has anyone ever used this rim and replaced the centers to work on the DUCE?

Attachments

I am involved in a truck build currently using Rockwells and 16.00x20's. However, a 5-ton with an engine fire became available 100 miles away while we were planning the wheel program, so the 2-1/2 tons were sold and we got the wet-brake 5-tons and matching combat / dual bead-lock wheels. The 2-1/2 ton Rockwells were sold to a friend, and He will be re-centering an older set of 10 hole combat / dual bead-locks, probably using the center of the split-ring 6-lug wheel, turned to match the ID of the combat rim shell, with the center cut out of the original combat wheel 'outer'. Much like fellows on Pirate (i know, i know, no need to tell me about the horrible things some of them do) as well as the folks on Alaska4x4network.

The only questions are your tool collection, and fabrication skills / desire. As this is my first post, and I am not familiar with any individual here, I realize I may be overstating the obvious.

Recentering is and can be done, but if you find a smoking deal on wet-brake 5-tons... well...either way is a big pain.

peace
Dave

Jones

Pretty desirable rim. They come on the HEMTTs and people pay big bucks for them. You might look into a set of 10:00X20 Budd wheels. Truck wreckers call them "garbage truck wheels" 'cause most refuse trucks run them. They run around $75.00 ea and wouldn't be such a sacrifice to re-center. Sell the beadlocks for what they are and you'll probably be pretty close to getting the re-centered set for free. Look in the Tech Articles section; there's a drwg of the three piece rim I posted (mis-labeled 1100X20, should be 1000X20) It 'll give you an idea what they look like.

sermis

I have six of these rims and could get more. Any one in the tradding mood. I need some 10X 20 rims that will fit the 2 1/2 ton rockwells?

M1075

I have traded 6 lug double beadlock rims for 5 ton double beadlock rims before. I have 2 new 5 tons I need to single out. I'm interested in trade or purchase.

rizzo

I have 4 rims from a 1400R20 NDCC tire. I don't know the width of them. Would that be 10" wide? they are duelly split rims

sermis

My options are open. I had access to about 50+ rims. should have gotten more. Might can if they have not gone into the crusher yet. was there yesterday and he still had them. I need 6 or 7 rims for my Duce, wanted to rune 14 or 16's. I have 6 of the 10 X 20 ten hole rims now with O rings and valve stems. No nuts. Was going to recenter but rim swap is much eaiser.

rizzo

do they have any 10 hole 20 inch split rim? I need the 2 piece ring off of that. 8 of them.

admin, I don't know how to upload a file from the web. these are the proper size though.

rizzo

sermis said:
I ran across some 20" X 10" 10 hole rims. They have 20 bold beadlocks. The beadlock is about 7 3/4 " wide.

I have one of these. I was wondering if I should keep it and get 5 more or get rid of it. Do they leak alot?

mudguppy

more so than the lug pattern, i would wonder more about the backspacing on those wheels. it may be too much for a 5 ton?? it has so much backspacing because of the FMTVs planetary hubs.

These wheels and axles came from the same 5-ton. I believe they are the same as the wheel pictured. I have one dissasembled which I will get photos of tonight.

Hope it helps answer a question or two.

http://www.rustywagoneers.com/Volvo2/volvoZ1.jpg

Not 100% sure I have that image tag correct, I will edit if necessary after submitting this post.

peace
Dave

EDIT. having read the Mod. note on the use of the IMG tag, I will leave this as a link.

bigford

rizzo said:
sermis said:

I have one of these. I was wondering if I should keep it and get 5 more or get rid of it. Do they leak alot?
Doing a little research on these rims and ran across this post. Downloaded the tire manual, but so far I'm 0 for 2 attempts. No beadlocks just plain old tubeless 1600 XZLs.
One has a real slow leak but the other a definite no-go. Any tricks to keeping the air in?
Thinking of some silicone to help seal but want to ask first.
Thanks

rizzo

derby said:
What is the back spacing on a five ton super single?I thought they were all the same?
two of mine is 0. dead center. most of them are about 3 or 4 I would have to measure again to be sure. Let me know if you want exact.