• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

200 AMP Wait-to-start always on, won't turn off

President Camacho

The M1123 has some issues after coming back from mudding. I also managed to arc while getting the batts out.

The wait-to-start light will not turn off and stays on. Awesome. I'm in Florida so I guess that I don't need glowplugs? Because it fires up just fine but runs like garbage now. It may be multiple issues...

So, I had a grounding kit lying around and so attach it all to the applicable points provided by the pictures in the forum. Of course the alternator in the pictures wasn't the one I have, a 200 amp, so I wasn't quite sure where to attach the lead. Like a true professional, without doing further research, I stick it on the mounting bolt for the regulator.

Same issues, no change. I check the batts and they're a little low so bring them up to snuff. I check the charging and NO charge at the slave.

Back to the interwebs. I see lots of posts for light dim or won't turn on but not much for staying on at all.

I gather I have at least 2 issues (hoping they're related but my wallet hopes they aren't).

For the light I plan to check that the glow plugs are cycling by turning on the switch to run and listening for clicking under the steering wheel? Then I'm to check the amperes going to the glow-plugs. Not sure how to do this. I've never done it. Do I just put a lead to the glow plug cap and then another to the glow plug?

For the charging I plan to check the output at the regulator but I'm a little unsure of where to check it at. There are multiple parts to check. I plan on just sticking my multimeter on ground and going around the horn and seeing what's putting out what and marking it down. I also plan to check voltage at the starter. Then I'm supposed to check the EESS, which I figure is the box inside the cab, to see if it's burned out?

I know I'm supposed to check all connections as there may be some water and corrosion issues which I'm hoping is the case. Any other suggestions are welcome. I'll try starting work on it tonight.

Sorry if some have seen this type of issue too many times, just didn't find any one that was specific for my 200 amp with multiple issues which may be related.

Thanks,
John