• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2006 M1097R1 Injection Pump

AR Hog Hummer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My rig seems to idle high (too fast). I've followed all the advice I've received so far and nothing changes...still fast idle. I took a look at what IP I have installed currently. Looks to be a DB2381-5485, part# 12561514. From the research I've done, that IP belongs in a 6.5 turbo (98-00 HD military turbo, 1.2CST, 200HP). Could this be the cause of my high idle? Will it hurt to leave it? Other than fast idle, it runs great! 20230425_162505.jpg

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Have you pushed the high idle control all the way in and or made sure it was working correctly?
Also not likely the wrong pump causing the issue, that is not how an IP works, it will reduce fuel to achieve the correct idle based on a governor output inside the IP.
You can pertty much bet it is external to the IP

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First thought was the same thing Mogman said; check the throttle lock under the dash.

second thought is how do you know it's idling too fast? If you're just comparing it by ear/feel from one truck to the next; they don't always sound the exact same.

If you don't have a tach installed, buying a cheap optical/photo tachometer and using it to find out exactly what speed the engine is spinning at will do much to improve the accuracy of troubleshooting. For all you know, your other truck just idles much lower than it's supposed to.

I believe that idle should be around 600-700 rpms

AR Hog Hummer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
First thought was the same thing Mogman said; check the throttle lock under the dash.

second thought is how do you know it's idling too fast? If you're just comparing it by ear/feel from one truck to the next; they don't always sound the exact same.

If you don't have a tach installed, buying a cheap optical/photo tachometer and using it to find out exactly what speed the engine is spinning at will do much to improve the accuracy of troubleshooting. For all you know, your other truck just idles much lower than it's supposed to.

I believe that idle should be around 600-700 rpms
I'm comparing it to my M1097A2 with a tach. It idles at 650ish. Sounds normal. My R1 sounds way faster. I'll invest in a cheap photo tach and go from there.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks