• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2006 M1097R1 Insurance in Texas

Ramzi

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a tough one. I have been through all of the usual suspects w/o any luck -
Stamped VIN on tag 601530, on Body 1530

State Farm - hard no
Hagerty - not old enough
Progressive - no
JC Taylor - cant be used off road (probably shouldn't have mentioned that)
Farm Bureau - tried but cant find anyone to cover liability

It seems to not be old enough for most companies. Does anyone have a current suggestion for getting newer than 20y/o truck insured in Texas?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is a tough one. I have been through all of the usual suspects w/o any luck -

State Farm - hard no
Hagerty - not old enough
Progressive - no

It seems to not be old enough for most companies. Does anyone have a current suggestion for getting newer than 20y/o truck insured in Texas?
I got liability only on my first truck through Farm Bureau, but I had all my stuff insured through them.

Ramzi

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My title says my m1123 is a 2009 (it’s not but that’s what the sf-97 said) and Hagerty insured it for me.
You got lucky... They absolutely will not do it with my 06... and I have 5 other vehicles insured with them

Ramzi

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got liability only on my first truck through Farm Bureau, but I had all my stuff insured through them.
Also said they can't. And I have our ranch insuranced there. They could cover it for loss like a tractor but not liability. They did say 5 years ago it was a very different game at FB

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this a daily driver or occasional antique use?

State Farm in La does my m998 as antique/classic. It takes an agent who understands antique/classic coverage. I had to provide pics and value I wanted policy to cover. ymmv

Ramzi

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Is this a daily driver or occasional antique use?

State Farm in La does my m998 as antique/classic. It takes an agent who understands antique/classic coverage. I had to provide pics and value I wanted policy to cover. ymmv
Hard no from SF and I have our home, daily drivers and what I would have thought was enough to make them take note there. Classic vehicles are generally considered 20 years old or more it would seem.

Gcelevator

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have my 1123 insured through Hagerty with full cover for agreed value and a 2006 1097R1 through progressive, this one just liability. I am in south Florida and can't think texas to be worse insurance wise.

Gastrap

Mine is also a 2006, serial number about 100 from yours. State Farm gave me full coverage with an agreed value. It's listed as an antique, less than 5000 miles per year, so I had to send a bunch of pictures in. They call it a sport wagon :ROFLMAO:

Ramzi

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have my 1123 insured through Hagerty with full cover for agreed value and a 2006 1097R1 through progressive, this one just liability. I am in south Florida and can't think texas to be worse insurance wise.
I'll give progressive a call. Thanks for the tip

Ramzi

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine is also a 2006, serial number about 100 from yours. State Farm gave me full coverage with an agreed value. It's listed as an antique, less than 5000 miles per year, so I had to send a bunch of pictures in. They call it a sport wagon :ROFLMAO:
What state are you in?

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And I was about to check to see if I could get liability on a 2007 R1 just to have a beater to play with, maybe I should just knock it in the head instead!

Ramzi

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And I was about to check to see if I could get liability on a 2007 R1 just to have a beater to play with, maybe I should just knock it in the head instead!
Ha! That's how I feel right now.
But like I tell my daughter, we don't have problems... Only solutions.

I have a hope to find original build date for the R1. And that might be a solution if the build date (before revision) is older than 06

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ha! That's how I feel right now.
But like I tell my daughter, we don't have problems... Only solutions.

I have a hope to find original build date for the R1. And that might be a solution if the build date (before revision) is older than 06
Not likely going to help, AFAIK the ins. folks go by the titled date

Ramzi

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not likely going to help, AFAIK the ins. folks go by the titled date
I had some hope of "correcting" the date of manufacture to the trucks "pre R1) date. Ive corrected a title before in Texas and it's not a terrible process. But, after corresponding with AM General - there are no alternative manufacture date. Once these trucks went through a depot level reset (R1), they are issued a new serial number and configuration for military inventory. Back to the drawing board for insurance.... so far Im batting zero.

IronhorseTX

HI Guys, about to pull the trigger on a 5 ton assuming I can get insurance figured out and GREATLY appreciated this thread!

Similar story here:
USAA - no
Progressive - no (too heavy)
Hagerty - no, not old enough
Safeco - nope
SF (Called Justin) - yes, but the rate is $700 for a 6 month policy 100/300/100. Does that sound right? The rates I've seen mentioned on this site from other rig owners seem almost half of what I was quoted. (clean record, great credit)

Suggestions on where else to try?

Last edited:

hike

—realizing each day
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HI Guys, about to pull the trigger on a 5 ton assuming I can get insurance figured out and GREATLY appreciated this thread!

Similar story here:
USAA - no
Progressive - no (too heavy)
Hagerty - no, not old enough
SF (Called Justin) - yes, but the rate is $700 for a 6 month policy 100/300/100. Does that sound right? The rates I've seen mentioned on this site from other rig owners seem almost half of what I was quoted. (clean record, great credit)

Suggestions on where else to try?
Justin's rate is for full use, not FMV. We have SF through Justin—

Venio

State Farm - hard no
Hagerty - not old enough
Progressive - no

I insured mine yesterday with Progressive. It took me 10 min on the phone. Liability only.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks