• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2006 Rally Pic's

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah but damn it was good entertainment!!! I've got a pic of Chris standing on the fender like he just killed Stretch's wilderbeast! Classic ;)

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well someone wanted to find a mudhole, and that's the mudhole I found. Figured with 4 deuce's and a five ton, we could get the truck back out.

Attachments

Last edited:

Oldvw2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the photos and allowing me to ride along with everyone. The Deuce drag race was a classic - I was riding with Lance and when we pulled around Steelsoldiers gave us the Jesse James "bring it on" look and then it was go time! :driver:

Not sure the four wheelers knew what to think about those "crazy guys and their army trucks" but they definitely came looking for us on Saturday night when one of the Toyotas managed to upset in a tight spot.

Great meeting everyone and thanks again for the hospitality!
Chad

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hey Chad, glad to see you finally joined up on SS. Now we just need to get you some OD iron to drive to work and bring to Haspin next year!

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I let my buddy chris drive it in the hole, actually, he said I'll do it!
Dennis

Last edited:

Oldvw2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah and Chris did good too - he laid on the horn, hit it pretty hard, came to a quick stop - started churnin' and made it another few feet....I thought he was going to keep going.

Hookin1 pulling him out resulted in the quote of the weekend from one of the guys on 4-wheelers "what kind of #@!! winch is in that thing"
LOL!
Chad

Hookin1

I would like to thank everyone for a great weekend :D I nreally enjoyed meeting everyone and driving around the trails.........My daughter had a blast(was really expecting her to say when can we go home)but she suprised me :D ..She asked if she could come next year.I would also like to thank Steel Soldier for this wonderful idea for a website,for without that none of this would be possible......A big [thumbzup] to everyone for making this site and the Haspin Rally such a big success :mrgreen:

P.S.Also Thanx to Mangus,the technical guru who keeps the site going [thumbzup] :beer: :mrgreen:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That could be interesting. We better get some big dang straps for those kind of loads. Maybe have 2 stretched between the shackles on either side of the pintle.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got a 6" from the strapman and I've been unsuccessful at breaking it. I've snatched 70,000# semis with 20' of slack and it just stretches and recoils. I can send it up if you guys are serious.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm finicky with straps. I prefer to deal with http://www.strapman.com/index.html
He shows up at Gravelrama every year and makes all his own stuff. He sews them up right in front of you. His site doesn't show the recovery straps but email or call and he cam make you exactly what you want. Need a 33'4" tow strap? No problem. His tie downs for cars and the such are DOT approved as well. He and his son attend events all over the states, might be coming to a plcae near you. I have no affiliation with this guy, just swear by his products. He also has and makes all the straps that are used with the HMMWV when they are shipped overseas. Even have an NSN on them. I spare no expense when buying straps.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Stretch44875 said:
Hey,just a quick post. I will get my pics up soon, and need to upload a bunch of video. The drag race was the most fun I have had in a long time. Had to stop on the way home and clean rims, so much mud on the rims that my truck was hopping all over at 50mph.
Dennis
Please tell the details of the drag race.. distance, on or off road, speed of winner? reminds me of the time i took a bread van/step van to an 1/8 mile strip where they let you run whatever you brought!

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
genset

The silent diesel generator set shown in the photobucket was a good idea. Look like a 25KW? Please advise was it rented for the event and the cost shared out?

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: genset

Well, the drag was on a dirt 1/4 mile track, no timer or lights. Just my truck and hookin1's truck. Winner turned out to be whoever shifted gears better, I won one, he won two. Steelsoldiers, Chris S., and I all drove my truck once. I don't know if I ever laughed so hard at a race. Might have hit 45 mph. Locked the brakes at the end of the track. Front of the trucks would actually bounce when shifting gears.

Hookin1(lance) brought the gennie, got it through his work. LOVED it, very quiet, and never moved off the full mark after 2 days.

Dennis

Last edited:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
RE: genset

That was one wicked drag race session. Almost as fun as getting lost in the woods at 2am with riding some guys 4-wheeler who I had just met 2 hours before. Thankfully Jerry had GPS ;)

Rematch next year fellars. I'll fire up the Mog for that!! It'll be like racing a Farmall Super C tractor:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks