• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2008 Clinto gathering

FreightTrain

Banned
Thought i would start a thead about this even though it is a LONG way away.Get some idea flowing.What kinda idea can we do,when is a good time.How long.etc.I would be interested in some how to things like someone show how to rebuild master cylinders,Install parts,Kits,Change tires,etc.Also how about one day we get EVERYONE together at a predetermined time and have a nice long Convoy kinda like the short one to the trail ride but longer and more organized.Maybe we can go a couple towns over and all go eat together(now that would be in interesting picture in front of say redlobster or Hooters.....hee hee hee,I vote Hooters!).How about a truck swapping thing where you get a chance to drive someone elses rig with teh owner along for the ride of course.Give people that have never driven say a Jeep a chance ro someone that has never driven a deuce or 5 ton a chance,etc.Maybe we can find a museum we can invade too.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
ok, for some of our newer guys, Freight Train is referring to the Steel Soldiers Ga. Rally.

We just had the '07 event, this past fall. Here is the complete story:

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=15096

This year, I intend to make it a larger, longer event. The 2007 event was a Saturday and Sunday event and since many folks had to leave on Sunday, it was in effect a one day event for many. Also, with the length of time the trail ride took, there wasn't a lot of time Saturday just to hang out and shoot the breeze. One of the things that I wanted was for people to be able to check out other people's vehicles at length.

So what I envision for this years event is a 3 or 4 day event. There may be some activities planned for one or two of those days, like a paintball or skydiving event (Mangus has expressed interest in jumping out of an airplane). I am going to try and find a better trailride, but it is very difficult in Georgia to find good pieces of property.

The date(s) will probably be the last weekend of September.....perhaps a little later in October. Definitely in the fall.....I hate going to events when it's 90 degrees outside.

Once I have some additional info, I will create a post with all the pertinent info.

alphadeltaromeo

Re: RE: 2008 Clinto gathering

Capt.Marion said:
hmmm... I might have to come to this! get a date early and on ye almighty calendar it shall go!
Might??? Come on now "capt"...be there ;) It was a fantastic event...and I plan on staying longer this year as well.

Capt.Marion

Re: RE: 2008 Clinto gathering

alphadeltaromeo said:
Capt.Marion said:
hmmm... I might have to come to this! get a date early and on ye almighty calendar it shall go!
Might??? Come on now "capt"...be there ;) It was a fantastic event...and I plan on staying longer this year as well.
Don't worry, I'll be there. It's in the same state as me, the old man can't argue with that. I may even get crazy and bring the M37, or a mostly put-together-so-it-runs-and-drives M37, to this.

Capt.Marion

hopkins92 said:
You Steel Soldiers that are GAMVPA member be sure to keep Nick Genesi informed about this "Clinto" rally so he can put it in our newsletter (The Combat Wheel).
Good point! I'll plug that into the back of my mind, and mention it to him at the next meeting.

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
It sure was nice rolling through Georgia in the M 818 late at night I wish I could have planned more time to stop at some of the Georgia Gentlemen's homes but wifey was calling and we had to roll on. One of these days I will be headed down for a Georgia rally just not sure which year..

Capt.Marion

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus said:
It sure was nice rolling through Georgia in the M 818 late at night I wish I could have planned more time to stop at some of the Georgia Gentlemen's homes but wifey was calling and we had to roll on. One of these days I will be headed down for a Georgia rally just not sure which year..
Take your time. We'll be here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks