• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2008 Florida Steel Soldiers Rally Feb 21-24th

devilman96

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Chili

My Wife has decided to come with me to the Fl rally. She says there are bears in Fl and she is concerned. Does she have anything to worry about??
Nup no bears... and dont tell her... but... im in tears laughing over the question!!! LOL

citizensoldier

come on mike you have bears down there.. I seen one! Kind of looked like a flea covered tazmanian devil... Its the bulls that worry me them suckers are mean!
Dats funny right there I dont care who you are..

dc3coyote

LOL bears... Well we got em down here just not that big, kinda like our deer, they are the size of small germans shepards, with antlers.
We do have a thriving monkey population though.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor

So when is the best time to be there? Is Sunday light the way Aberdeen or the Ga Rally was? I have a limited amount of vacation time I can burn, gotta make the most of it.

devilman96

Clint, Friday Sat I think is the best evenings...

So far the misquitoes have been a moot issue... the cold snaps have kicked them for the season, I havent picked up a can'o deet (which I normally have to bath in) in over 2 months now... lets hope it stays that way!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Clinto, fwiw, I'll be arriving in the eve hours Thursday. Should have 2 kids in tow.

mangus580

All right... before Dman has a stroke... I will annouce.

I WILL be attending the rally. YES I will be there. I have a plane ticket that arrives Thrusday afternoon, and departs Monday morning.

Happy now???

devilman96

Cliff has been working on the dinner menu for the weekend and thus far here’s what we’re looking at..

Friday evening...

BBQ Pork (were going to do several roast quarters v/s a whole pig... I’m taking the chief’s suggestion on cooking quality and taste!)
Bake Beans with trimmings!
Coleslaw

Saturday...

BBQ Chicken
Hamburgers
Hot Dogs
Green Beans and New Potatoes
Corn

Now... Thursday night were cooking for the early birds but were not saying what. So if ya want to know ya better be there and yes its worth it!!!

We will be setting up drink coolers with sweet tea (the way I make it you might become diabetic), Lemonade, Gatorade and Cool Aid... Anything else and your totally on your own! So if you’re pallet requires Rocky Mountain Chardonnay or Sparking Brown Ale bring your own!

Originally I wanted to do breakfast Sunday morning as it’s nice to have cooked food ready when your packing and loading but with everything else I’m not going to be able to swing it… However several of you have expressed interest in working this out, pooling together, etc, etc, etc… Please by all means if you guys want to do this you have my blessing and please see Kenny about it ...*runs* ... lol

Again.. Cliff is volunteering his time and equipment to do all of this cooking for us so PLEASE make sure you thank him for his efforts. (He’s saving my butt and keeping you from my food poisoning!) LOL

dc3coyote

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Chili

If any body is flying into Tampa International Airpot, or St Pete Clearwater airport I can pick you up.
Oh you might be stuck in the back of a Duece or riding Shotgun in my Pinz.
St Pete Clearwater would be better for me,

dc3coyote

What is the current count on people and trucks?
Oh yea where are all the duece pics from last year. I want to see big metal stuck.

devilman96

DC im not really sure... I have kept the list up on the first posting the best as possiable but I know I am missing a lot of them... I know from pre sales the count is a lot higher and you always have a large group ya simply dont know about and will just pop up!

Guys if your name is not there please speak up, if your name is there plans have changed please speak up also!!!

dc3coyote

Thats what I figured. I read the first list it seemed kinda small compared to all the people saying they are coming.
Oh yea I will be bringing a Duece, and at least 2 extra people, along with my Pinz.

devilman96

See that is a lot of what is happening... One or two of the tampa Pinz crowd have bought over 8 tickets each. Almost all of the ticket sales thur far are +3 and +4 per actual buyer... Its a heep of people!

Capt.Marion

My dad said it "Sounds like fun" I have a couple of weeks to convince him. If anything we'd leave Friday morning. 6 hour drive from north of Atlanta. Unfortunately no vehicles. M37 is being disassembled. Definitely sounds like fun!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks