• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2008 Florida Steel Soldiers Rally Feb 21-24th

dc3coyote

As cool as a permenant cmp would be, I could imagine a few of us trying to make it a permenant home :shock:
Think Hippy squatter commune without the bad music, and we would have really cool trucks.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tent setup looks great. Nice job!

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recovry4x4 said:
Jonathan says " Bjorn and I love cranetrucks. I wish you could come with us everytime. I wish you Happy New Year and Merry Christmas. " His words!
Very nice, thanks, I'll be back down there one day, perhaps with the 8x8. :twisted:

tjcouch

Well shucks . . . . I made it out there but forgot to bring someone's cell # . . . . I am sure I drove past the property 3 times . . . . I keep looking and listening for some turbo whine and asking your neighbors if they had seen any army trucks around . . but no luck.

On a positive note it was a GREAT day for a drive, (windshield down on my little CJ), I found the east-west crossing through the Richloam WMA that I will take when I roll with the M35, and had a blast watching the sailplanes.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Oddly there were no MVs there except Wayne's S250 in his Dodge truck. Sorry we missed you. I was gone by 3PM.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't know how cold it will get at night in February, but when I had my Medium Tent, a small wood stove was used to keep it cozy when the weather turned cold...may be something to think about.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, it got chilly last year. A stove would be nice for one of the tents. I'm thinking about taking my little shelter in case it gets really chilly.

tjcouch

dc3coyote said:
TJ when are you heading up there?
For the Rally.
How far was it from the Richloam area?
It's just going to be a day trip for me and the girl . . . Saturday.

I expect we would depart North Tampa at around 08:30.

After exiting Richloam on the east side (Bay Lake, Lake Erie Road) it was a short 10 minute run to the site.

Putting together a small convoy sounds like fun to me - the lovely girl friend (Dixie) is going to drive her Jeep (07 JK) - I need to get her some stars for the doors! LOL . . . . but we should probably converse via PM as not to add too much clutter to the tread here.

One note - the route I took through the forest got a *little* tight for an M35+ . . . but not too bad . . . . mine is not a show truck by any means.

Will anyone else be passing through Tampa? Or maybe Zephyrhills for you "northerners?."

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recovry4x4 said:
Yeah, it got chilly last year. A stove would be nice for one of the tents. I'm thinking about taking my little shelter in case it gets really chilly.
The wood stove I had was very small and with 6" flue pipe cost less than $125 IIRC (it goes back 10 years and both the tent and wood stove are long gone). The tent has special ports to handle the hot flue pipe, but you probably knew that already.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: rally

papercu said:
Have you got a location I can zoom in on in Google Earth? TIA Wayne
+28° 24' 28.41", -81° 51' 49.04"

There is a map on the begining of this thread.(page 1)

devilman96

RE: Re: rally

Have you got a location I can zoom in on in Google Earth? TIA Wayne
Thinking about coming Wayne? I be honored to have you there if you can swing it!!!

A special thanks to Kenny and Wayne(Pinz25086) for the set up this weekend... RYWJ, thanks for the moral support (lol) and TJ sorry ya got lost!!!

devilman96

RE: Site

Guys I think I said were looking at 60-80 people last week... I’m going to go ahead and up that to 100 and growing rapidly...

Pre sales are doing well and most all of the buyers are thus far purchasing +2-4 tickets each and I have a long list of “pay as they show” people… I’m having a HECK of a time keeping up with the emails and PM's about the event so if I miss a question or over look something PLEASE point it out to me...

I’m in overwhelming awe at the growth of this!

A few vendors have contacted me about coming out and setting up... If you guys know of a company that you buy from whom you think should attend or would like to see show up please feel free to tell them about the event, let them know we are not charging for vendor set up and have them contact me about coming!!!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Also if I may add, if you can't contact Mike or you have any questions or comments, you can always funnel them to me. I'm in contact with Mike daily and I just might be able to answer your questions myself.

devilman96

Another big announcement…

CliffW has volunteered the use of this BBQ catering rig / trailer set up for use at the event as well as his time on Friday and Saturday cooking for everyone!!!

Guys… I can’t tell you what a HUGE undertaking this is on his behalf and what a relief it is to have him on board helping us! (and how much better the food will be as opposed to me cooking it lol)

Maybe next year we can talk him into catering the whole event for us! *grinz*

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

Wow it looks like yall had a wonderful time, sorry the mice got to the tent before you got it I was shooting rats with my 22 and remington sub sonics since the house next door is abandoned and the rats are finding it a nice place. I had the tent stored covered and raised so I had hoped that the rodents hadn't gotten to it. The patch looks good though and I am glad it is going to be serving Steel Soldiers for a long time. I will have to look for a liner for you since it keeps it warmer in winter and has screens and keeps it cooler in the summer. Did Clinto show up with his Girlfriend? Any more pictures of this event?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks