• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2009 ECV M1165A1 Self-driving back to stock HELP.

Mike1966

I'm working on a 2009 ECV M1165A1. Task: remove all the self driving stuff and put it back to "stock." What a task. I'm looking for some help finding the pin-out for the turn signal connector as i'm back engineering how the system was installed. I've tried to find the specific wiring diagram without success. Has anyone encountered one of these or were they all crushed?

Attachments

Mike1966

Pre Tesla. I'm a off-road race guy - that normally builds off-road race cars. it was likely an off-road tech challenge vehicle. The company that built the tech is no longer in business, no schematics, manuals, etc. Likely a cut and splice between control mech and can-bus sys - but I'm working on one wiring harness at a time. I assume that the Turn signal switch – nartron part no 1030 patent 4,081,634 - is all positive ins and outs - without a bunch of relays controlled by ground switches .... but it's difficult to tell without a correct wiring diagram.

Last edited:

DREDnot

You are gonna need a wiring diagram. Those metal tags are the key to the whole mess. Since all the wires are black. They act like the color coded wiring in civilian vehicles. There are metal tags on each end of the wires but you NEED the diagram that covers that series of trucks. Lighting work may be accomplished with the M998 diagram as those numbers probably didnt change much