• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2009 General Dynamics M1161 ITV-LSV 4x4 Growler

daniel17319

Hello y'all, I'm thinking about his vehicle. I was not sure were to post it. My questions are this, will it be possible to get parts long term. What are these things generally selling for. Whats you alls opinions of them

thanks

scottmandu

Thanks for the link, how much are these going for at the end auction times, also will parts be available.

Looks like prices have come down but some of the most recent ones selling are junk. I would imagine finding parts would be difficult, if not extremely expensive.

FloridaAKM

If they came complete for the starting bid, it might be a fair gamble. As soon as things started breaking down, you might have different feeling about your purchase due to no availability of replacement parts. The Marines rode them hard & put them up wet, so to speak. With that in mind, plus the fact that they are dumping them out in droves, they must not be fulfilling the roles they were designed for in the first place. Can we adapt them for civilian life, some guys can make anything work; especially if no one is shooting @ them. I still pass on them even if they are cool looking.

DREDnot

If I could, I would. Those things are badass. If you can get one that works upfront, It would be great if I had my own ranch to run around on. better than some cookie cutter Polaris thing.

1830531_6002_159_0001.jpg

1143908_6163_6659_0001.jpg

1143908_8223_11920_0001.jpg

1143908_6162_103_0001.jpg

1143908_6002_162_0001.jpg

Cutch

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've got one of these I'm selling within next few weeks once I get the title which should be any day. Less than 600 miles on it and that includes about 100 ranch miles I've driven. This one was bought in one the early auctions out of Albany, GA and I bought two of them (both 2012's one I'm keeping has the rear bimini and bar, one selling does not). See pics and a few videos here if interested- https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ytai0oeqa8fyoqa/AAAUlmpbPe1x42hr-A7G_oM_a?dl=0

Happy to answer any questions about it, very cool and capable vehicles and this one removes the "gamble" from the auction. I'd part with it at 32K firm and can help coordinate shipping if it helps. Vehicle is near Abilene, TX to use for shipping estimate.

milerbros

Hey I know I might be a couple months late, but if you still own one of these Cutch, would you by any chance be able to see who built the starter for the Growler. We have one that is missing the starter and I have no way of finding one or even finding a part number or who made it. Any help in identifying the starter would be super appreciated.

coachgeo

Hey I know I might be a couple months late, but if you still own one of these Cutch, would you by any chance be able to see who built the starter for the Growler. We have one that is missing the starter and I have no way of finding one or even finding a part number or who made it. Any help in identifying the starter would be super appreciated.
engine info

2.8 Liter In-line 4-cylinder SOHC12-valve turbo-diesel (Navistar Defense)
132 bhp @ 3,600 rpm / 230 ft lbs torque @ 2,000 rpm

shows navistar defense as engine manufacture

https://navistardefense.com/NavistarDefense/contact

call or message asking for commercial equivalent to starter for growler engine?

granted you already probably tried that?

milerbros

Thank You, I have tried to get at least some info from Navistar Defense, so far unsuccessfully. Even a picture up close of a Growler starter would help me a lot since I don't even have anything to compare to the starters used on other MWM Sprint applications.

YJSteve

Thank You, I have tried to get at least some info from Navistar Defense, so far unsuccessfully. Even a picture up close of a Growler starter would help me a lot since I don't even have anything to compare to the starters used on other MWM Sprint applications.
Call me, I found the starter company that made them in South Carolina.....my number is 443-790-3397

YJSteve

I found the company that built the starters....call me 443-790-3397

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks