• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2009 MVPA Coast-to-coast convoy

compexp

If you haven't heard, the MVPA is re-enacting the 1919 Coast-to-Coast motorized vehicle convoy from D.C. to San Francisco.

This convoy is departing D.C. on June 13th, ending in San Francisco on July 8th. I would encourage you to consider joining the convoy, if even for a couple of days. Currently there are 145 registered participants for at least part of the convoy, and 45 that are planning on driving the entire route.

The convoy information can be found at www.mvpa.org - and then click the 2009 convoy tab.

If anyone is joining the convoy in the Omaha area, as I am, welcome aboard, and please contact me if you need assistance getting to the rally point.

Rich Holley
Gretna American Legion Post 216
Gretna, NE 68028

neb4x4

Well hello. As I have been following this "convoy" for a bit. What day is it running through Gretna...??? I think it is 22nd of June????

I plan on taking my M35 to the Legion, but am not sure on the EXACT date or time... Also what date/time are they leaving for Grand Island? I plan on taking the day off for that run.

Thanks

B

compexp

Well hello. As I have been following this "convoy" for a bit. What day is it running through Gretna...??? I think it is 22nd of June????

I plan on taking my M35 to the Legion, but am not sure on the EXACT date or time... Also what date/time are they leaving for Grand Island? I plan on taking the day off for that run.

Thanks

B
We roll into Omaha (gretna) on the afternoon of Tuesday, June 23rd. There will be a spaghetti dinner that night and we're having an open house all day on Wednesday, June 24th. BBQ dinner that night with the Lt. Gov and the Deputy AG for the National Guard.

Convoy rolls out 0700 Thursday 25 June and will end that day in Grand Island at the Vets Club next to the Veterans Home. Glad to have you visit. If you're just going to meet us in Gretna for a day or so, plan on arriving the afternoon of the 23rd.

thanks
Rich

CatMan

MVPA Convoy

There will be a number of M35's in the convoy. We are taking ours from WI by Ferry to Ludington Michigan and then driving down to South Bend Indiana. Lots of activities there - Displays Parade etc at that stop. Then driving in convoy to IL Iowa and at least to Omaha before heading back to WI.

The Northern IL MVPA chapter also has lots of stuff planned at the Rochelle IL stop.

Should be a great time. There should be plenty of spares and help available from fellow M35 drivers. (The "Big Truck" guys)

Check out the details on the MVPA web site.

See you in South Bend :-D

Cat Man