• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

200A alternator upgrade install.. And maybe some future mods

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Did the 200A alt swap today. Not hard but time consuming. The kit was a bit confusing there are extra parts for different variants but no install manual just diagrams and the parts TM diagrams were very helpful. With the original alternator the voltage would dip down a bit here and there, still in the green but at the line. It seemed very steady after the upgrade. No status LEDs on the regulator though. I want to start adding lights and radio so hopefully I will have plenty of reserve power.
Will

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

jpinst

I thought about getting one of these upgrade kits.... What will be the complete benefit after the change? I am trying to justify the time and money and I do have plans for upgrading the truck....

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I am adding flood lights, stereo and some other stuff. The original alt 100 amp output rating is combined between 12 and 24 volt. It's like a 24 volt alternator with a 12 volt tap off halfway down the coil. I was having some odd issues I think we're caused by the original rev polarity protection box.

Oxyacetylene

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the upgraded kit, are the power cables a larger gauge wire? Is the alternator pulley a different size than what comes on the 100A alternator? Thinking a swap might be easier if those two parts could be reused.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The kit came with new thicker power cables, 200a reverse polarity protector module and a new pulley for the new alternator. I think the only things we reused were some of the alternator mounting bolts. Everything needed was in the kit plus extras for different variants.
Will

Johno176

Where did you find the alternator and upgrade kit? I have a 2005 M1088A1 and am interested in upgrading to a 200 amp.
Thanks, John

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I got them a few years ago on the off chance that LMTVS would come along eventually. Its still in current mil inventory I don't think too many kits have come out.
Will

pontiac62

I know this is an old post. Is there a parts list that some can source the parts individually or are they no longer available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man of few words

M1081 LVAD

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks