• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Fall Rausch Creek MV Rally!!!

powerhouseduece

I talked to 03silverado (mike), antagonist (Paul) and actionfigurebob (bob) and they said they were going to try and make it this year. Just waiting for them to sign up. Paul will be the only one without a mv.

I may possibly be able to make this provided I'm not working, have to do some figuring when I'm outta school here later to see if it's a do able trip from the house, at least I'll get to look at some deuces to feed my OD fever :-D

No.2Diesel

5Tons on the

Hi,

To address the question about 5tons on the trail:

We had the M819 (215" wheelbase) on the trails in 07'. There was no problem at all and those who attended the first rally can confirm. No trees were ever harmed either.

I think the M813 would do fine. Thanks for the info and updates about the hunting regs....

Attachments

That mud hole was great. Did anyone get any good pics of our 818 going through it? I wasn't able to get any the first time through. That was the best run since we were the first to hit it.

powerhouseduece

That's bart's truck (powersmoke18) Midnightduramax had the 818 with the 1600's and the spare tire on the 5th wheel. I think I can get some pics off facebook for you. I have a new set of 1600 xlz's coming just don't know if they will be mounted in time.

THEROAD

THE ROAD is in with an M35A2. I can't believe another year has flown by. I just hope we have a dry weekend no rain that is

c_clar

first rally

ill be there this year first time out beatin on the deuce so well see how it goes. plannin on towin it up there with a semi anyone know if theres room enough for me and a place to unload? allso have a set of 4 46inch ndts on deuce wheels and 1 spare tire if anyone is interested there not new but there not junk either ill bring em with me if anyone wants to look at theme not sure how to use that niffty little singn up deal so this is what im bringin

bobbed deuce on 16.00 runnin waste oil with power steerin(if i get it done in time) 01 pete 379 and a step deck see ya there:)

Wozdirt

Hey all,

Looking forward to attending this year. This will be first time at Rausch creek. I cant wait!

Driving M35A2 wo/w singled on 395s.
Going to try to get W/W conversion done before rally. Any input on how important the winch would be here? and any other advice for newbies?

Ray

No.2Diesel

Hi,

Welcome c_clar and Wozdirt! You'll love it. I'll add ya's to the list.

There is plenty of room in the parking area to maneuver your rig. If I had to guess, the parking area would be equal to about 4 - 4.5 football fields in area. Can't wait to see it!

That is an excellent looking deuce w/395s Wozdirt, no winch necessary but it doesn't hurt. Many others will have winches.

ohh and bring any parts you'd like to sell!

Last edited:

davidkroberts

arent the dates real close to the georgia rally? I would like to attend both but i know the wife wont be cool with me out of the house for two weeks straight.

powerhouseduece

Hey all,

Looking forward to attending this year. This will be first time at Rausch creek. I cant wait!

Driving M35A2 wo/w singled on 395s.
Going to try to get W/W conversion done before rally. Any input on how important the winch would be here? and any other advice for newbies?

Ray

With the amount of 5 tons going, you don't have to worry about getting stuck and having to use the winch, someone can pull you out. The winch on these trucks are a pain in the but to use but I guess we can have a class about proper winching while we are there.

No.2Diesel

Hi,

The headcount/list is in the first post. Green signifies definitely going, Yellow means maybe. Lance are you still thinking of coming? I can't wait to see the M813.

Both MV events are located a significant distance from each other. I doubt if anyone will have difficulty choosing.

davidkroberts

yeah i know but i was looking forward to going anyway. The raush creek rally would be a long trip but im short on things to do anyway.

Ill let you know on which i will attend later in the month but im leaning toward the Georgia rally. Either way its going to be a great time. The only reason i would make the longer trip is ive never been in that area of the country.

Last edited:

Chieftawny

If i don't have a deuce by then, i would bring one of the jeeps if nobody cares. I live about 30 min from Rausch, so if anybody needs any service, we have gargage's full of tools. And Colemans and Saturn is right here in town too if somebody would need parts, I could bring them up with me.

c_clar

!!tires brought to the rally!!

i can get tiires and with me to the rally if anyone whants them 1600s goodyear and michelins 300. new used 250 can allso get some 46s but ill have to check out whats availible may allso have some 395s kickin around pm me if you would like to set some thing up thanks

StoneMill

My deuce is road ready after a year of work but I only get 3 weekends off a year, so I doubt I'll make it. Do a lot of people show up Thursday. I might be able to come up Thursday morning and head back home for work on Friday afternoon.
C_clar, I'd like to check out those tires. I'm looking for some 46's for my next bobbed deuce. Are you anywhere near Lancaster/etown/Hershey/Lebanon?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks