• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Haspin rally BS thread

tm america

ok i have a question .i'm gonna be bringing my friends jeep down in the bed of the deuce..I'm trying to remember if there is a ledge or steep hill i can use to unload it . i have the ramps from my car trailer but they are only 5 ft long.what have you guys done down there to load - unload from the bed?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
TMAMERICA, there is lots of hills to back up to to unload. Worst comes to worst, we can crane it out with the M108.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I might be meeting up with a friend at Haspin who is returning from a family trip to Oklahoma City. He is interested in wheeling a little, but also expressed interest in putting his Geo in the rear end of the deuce for the ride back to Virginia. Those hills there will help in loading, not to mention if anyone has a jeep ramp for the deuce tailgate.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll have my jeep ramps there. Maybe jeep, depends on if everything else gets done. 12ft, for loading jeep in the deuce, Stan uses them every year for his jeep also.

tm america

awsome that will be a big help .thanks guys now i just need to find someone that wants to sell a deuce rear axle for 150 that could bring it to haspin?or if anyone has thru shaft bearings mine are shot.i checked the classsifieds no luck

Westech

CPL
TM I might have a axle for you. I am sure the brakes will have to be redone but other then that it should be fine. Let me know in the next couple of days so I can cut it out.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I swear, one day I'm gonna make leather jackets up for the Haspin Acres Mowercycle Gang.

Change of plans - the deuce and the M37 will be in attendance. 2007 - no MV with me. 2010 - two MVs. In a few years, I'll have a military museum towed behind a M123 tractor the way things are going.

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

Just wanted to bring this back to the top! As of midnight, I have a week to get ready. I hope this will inspire some of you that are on the fence to GO!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rocy31_vhTE&feature=related[/media]

gimpyrobb

I know Dork, I remember for when you originally posted it here. I thought it was funny most people didn't like the Apollo440.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Westy needs to learn how to spell - everyone on YouTube is gonna think were all a bunch of inbred junior high dropouts. THNAK you for making the video about HASPEN. :)

Really, though - awesome video! Except for the spellnig.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The only thing I have to do for Haspin is put NDTs on the front of the m109, and replace the airpack on the xm818. (anyone have one they can get me in a week?)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks