• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Kansas Steel Soldiers rally

davesgmc

allan, you can join in the convoy going down, myself and christenberry should be going down. heck if you want, just leave the mkt at my house until you want to take it down there.

91W350

Any cost to enter a vehicle or get a vehicle onto the museum grounds? Just trying to decide if we are bringing one or three. Glen

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
form? parade? elaborate please.
Events for Saturday
1000hrs parade
1100hrs open
1105hrs flag raising
1130hrs B29 engine demo
1200hrs America's got talent starts
1300hrs coloring contest
1310hrs America's got talent resumes
1400hrs uniform contest
1410hrs America's got talent resumes
1500hrs raffle
1510hrs America's got talent resumes
1600hrs America's got talent announcements and close if contest is done
1710hrs schedule overrun if needed
link for parade form http://www.kmmh.org/Parade2010.pdf

That's why I asked if we were going down Friday, Dave

davesgmc

talked to allan and he said that he would also be able to leave riday night, we can meet up here, for that matter, anyone else in the area wants to meet at 1900 on friday and pull out then. I will have my elmo and he mkt ready to go the instent i get home, allan said he will be here by then and hook up his mkt too.

Iyaayas184

rally update

I filled out the form to attend the parade and it said nothing about a admittance fee. I think you will be fine if you bring 3 vehicles. :-D
No charge at all, just having an event so everybody can have fun. Parade starts at 1000 and lineup starts at 0900

Iyaayas184

We now have a local surplus dealer that has agreed to setup shop at the rally, She has a wide variety of surplus items from WWII to present issue. Very reasonable prices as well, would welcome feedback on selection to know what to bring next time.:smile:

jwright

I think I am going to be able to make it . I have some stuff that I think I am going to bring down to sell if thats OK. Dave what rout are you taking down there? I might just jump in line as you all go bye.

Iyaayas184

I think I am going to be able to make it . I have some stuff that I think I am going to bring down to sell if thats OK. Dave what rout are you taking down there? I might just jump in line as you all go bye.
Bring anything you want to sell.

91W350

A few weeks ago we were leaving Florence in my M1009 and saw a nice deuce south bound on US 77 pulling a trailer. Yesterday we drove by the museum and saw the deuce sitting inside the fence. We are looking forward to attending....

Iyaayas184

deuce

A few weeks ago we were leaving Florence in my M1009 and saw a nice deuce south bound on US 77 pulling a trailer. Yesterday we drove by the museum and saw the deuce sitting inside the fence. We are looking forward to attending....
Was not our deuce, ours hasn't been out of the fence in almost a year (dead batteries now). Have to charge the batteries just to get it started.

91W350

Was not our deuce, ours hasn't been out of the fence in almost a year (dead batteries now). Have to charge the batteries just to get it started.
You would surely know better than I would. This one had some yellowish looking areas on the driver's door, much like the one in the fence. It also had a Kansas license plate on it.... I figured they were one and the same. I have definitely been wrong before.... Glen

Iyaayas184

You would surely know better than I would. This one had some yellowish looking areas on the driver's door, much like the one in the fence. It also had a Kansas license plate on it.... I figured they were one and the same. I have definitely been wrong before.... Glen
There is a guy that has two about 4 miles west of us on 54 that very much match your description, trying to get him in the parade.

Iyaayas184

Rally is almost here

Rally is almost one week away, looking forward to seeing everyone for our first try at one of these. If anyone need anymore information or assistance please let me know.[thumbzup]

Bob

davesgmc

elmo and dog tag trailer WILL NOT be making it this year, sorry. I MAY be ther ein a civvy car, depends how the rest of the week plays out.

jwright

WHAT, What happen !! My truck might not be ready by this Friday. I tore one of my new axle boots while putting it on. So if I get one in time, I will be driving the duce. :p Or I may be in the wifes car. :evil:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks