• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 Kansas Steel Soldiers rally

davesgmc

brakes on elmo are getting worse, they are sticking on most of the time after a stop. i am assuming the booster is stuck, but dont ahve time to look at it right now. it works a bit better when its lubed up, but wont stay that way for very long. I do plan on going down in the car, tossing a tent out somewhere and staying sat night with the boys. well thats the paln anyhow.

MCHoward

SO. Who's leaving when and where from KC area to go to Augusta? Mite be fun to make a convoy out of it. And there's always that safety in numbers thing. More trucks, more bumpers, more dead zombies.

Iyaayas184

2010 Kansas Steelsoldiers Rally D Day + 3

Museum is ready to receive guests, grounds will be open for arrivals at 0800 on Friday. We will have a 24 hour presence at the museum until about 1700 on Saturday. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Iyaayas184

ground conditions

how is the weather looking down there? is the ground muddy and wet?
last night it was soft, but not real muddy, we got a little more rain today and more in a few minutes. The display area should be in good shape all of that is soljd surface with good grass/weed growth and drainage. If camping overnight, the museum is availabe for billeting if needed.

Iyaayas184

Excellent!!

:)Well I got the truck back together and loaded tonight, Its looking like I will be heading out about 5:00 pm Friday. This is going to be a blast[thumbzup]
Outstanding, will be here all night so you don't have to rush to get here. Take it easy and be safe, w2e are ready for show time!!!!:grin:

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Bob if you still have any of the burners left put a few aside for me, I'll be down there about 08:30 Saturday. Jim

91W350

Well.... We found the air leak in the M1009 yesterday, I have been having to bleed the fuel block with increasing regularity, I never could figure out where the air was getting in. If it is the same place that is now spewing fuel out, this will be an easy fix. I definitely have a major fuel leak. It sprinkles in the parking stalls.....

As a result though, we will be down in a M1008 and a M1009, instead of the two faster and more economical M1009s. At least it will give the folks another rig of a different flavor to point at. Glen

Iyaayas184

cucv

Well.... We found the air leak in the M1009 yesterday, I have been having to bleed the fuel block with increasing regularity, I never could figure out where the air was getting in. If it is the same place that is now spewing fuel out, this will be an easy fix. I definitely have a major fuel leak. It sprinkles in the parking stalls.....

As a result though, we will be down in a M1008 and a M1009, instead of the two faster and more economical M1009s. At least it will give the folks another rig of a different flavor to point at. Glen
that will still work out great, we have a M1010 in our collection so we will have a rep from almost every CUCV model

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Glen, Matt , Bob and the others I met down in Augusta today It would have been much better without the rain. Still had a good time.
"If it ain't raining, we ain't training"

Attachments

91W350

It was a great time, hard to pick out a highlight, but I think watching the kids jump back when the radial started was it for me. I know my two sons had not experienced that before and they were both pretty impressed.

I wanted to take the Mule for a spin, never ran one, but I thought the staff was probably swamped today.

It was great to see all the vehicles. I wanted to bring Bud Boy, but my wife thought I had too much going on the way it was.

The M1008 ran out of fuel on the way home. I was lagging behind looking around Newton, just goofing off really.... I got a call from my wife that the truck was dead. That was a shocker until she told me Chase had run it out of fuel. We filled it last night, but I do not think he got it full.. t made 18.11 on the last tank and 11.38 on the tank to Augusta and back, adding in the two gallons I poured in when I got there. That would explain the higher than normal mileage on the last tank and the low mileage on this one. I had never run one clear out of fuel before, so the start up was a little curious. I bled the fuel filter block and it span for about 20 seconds without firing, so I bled it again. I was about to give the starter a break when that familiar chug of the M1008 starting blessed my ears. It was a little rougher starting than normal, but it picked up all eight pretty quickly. The M1009 was still showing almost 5/8 full, so I did not bother topping it off.

Thanks to everybody that brought a truck in. I really wanted to spend more time looking in around, under..... but the rain was kind of a bummer.

I will definitely be looking forward to next year! Glen

Attachments

MCHoward

I'd like to first say THANK YOU for the great time I had. Met alot of good people. saw alot of kids (old and young) with big smiles. let me know, and I'd be glad to come down and do it again. The only down side to the hole event was on the ride down from Kansas City. Jared and I couldn't find any Zombies to splat.

Iyaayas184

Will be discussed this Thursday at our Board meeting hopefully no rain this year. am aiming for bigger and better.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks