• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 PNW Mini - Rally

jesusgatos

Joe's a good guy. Wish I had enough funds to buy one.
Yeah, he's really hooking me up. Been a great guy to deal with. Speaking of that LDS, is there any chance we'd be able to transfer that engine/crate from a trailer into the back of my pickup truck? Joe's lift can only get it up about 2ft off the ground, and my truck bed is about 3.5ft. Just wondering if that might be an option. Don't know if Joe can even bring it to the rally.

I might need to bring a trailer anyway, if MilitaryRestoration has the riveted wheels that I need. Actually, in case he doesn't, maybe I should ask. I've got a bunch of Firestone T831's that I'm going to run singled on Mah Deuce, and I'm thinking that my best option for wheels right now might be re-centered stock wheels. But I need to trade my welded wheels for riveted ones. So I've got 11 wheels/tires (9 with great tread, 2 that were on the front show a little wear, and 1 spare that has good tread but shows some signs of cracking) that I'd like to trade for riveted wheels. As long as the wheels are in good condition, I don't care about the tires (would actually prefer to get bare rims).

I have a set in the trailer ready to go to the meet.
Great, thanks!

Last edited:

jesusgatos

No, it's a 2000-mile trip for me, so I'm going to borrow my brother's Gnar-Ram. Next time I'll have Mah Deuce up that way it'll have an LDS in it and a bunch of new parts though. Can't wait to get it back on the road. It's been down for a while now, as I've been going through it and rebuilding/servicing the drivetrain.

jesusgatos

What's up Ed? I've already racked up about 4000 miles on your old M109. Great truck. But I'm still not finished with this motorhome conversion, and I'm on work-mode until it's done. Are you going to be at the rally this year?

Hammer

Jesse, glad you have been enjoying that beast. It sure will be a nice setup with that LDS in there!

Looks like I might make it to this mini rally!
I am at exit 71, so I am up for the convoy up there. And if Brad has a spare trans for my 5 ton, I could use another one.
I need to get another fuel cutoff solenoid for my 818 before it makes that trip though, it leaks some fuel right now as it sits.

wsucougarx

Jesse, glad you have been enjoying that beast. It sure will be a nice setup with that LDS in there!

Looks like I might make it to this mini rally!
I am at exit 71, so I am up for the convoy up there. And if Brad has a spare trans for my 5 ton, I could use another one.
I need to get another fuel cutoff solenoid for my 818 before it makes that trip though, it leaks some fuel right now as it sits.
Ed, if you need a winch for your 5 ton he has them also

Hammer

I imagine he has a LOT I WANT, it is more about what I can afford right now. I am still in the process of moving, and these MV's add up when moving them all this far.

Stalwart

Brad showed up at the PSMVCC meeting tonight and mentioned you guys stopping by, his gates open at 7AM that morning he said. He convoyed with my Scorpion tank once 6-7 years ago, Damon and I also went down there in the HEMTT to pick up a turbine generator.

BTW, could one of you take some good pictures of the old Packard marine engine he has for sale for me?

wsucougarx

Yah, I've been talking to him about our visit on the 6th. He's pretty pumped as he wants this his MV parts to go...well at least some of them. He's still holding tight to a few parts scattered here and there. I still need to join the PSMVCC. I finally got around to subscribing to Military Vehicles Magazine. Brad's been harassing me about signing up so I did.