• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 PNW Mini - Rally

Josh

Well there might be another slight change of plans... If Dan cant get SRO's truck tomorrow, if we can scavage up a towbar, I told him I'd swing by haul his truck up. Should know for sure tomorrow.

Also, Can you PM me brads number, or next time ya talk to him, see how much for set of westcoast mirrors.

wsucougarx

Hi Josh, I've already hit Brad up for a set of mirrors. He's not letting any glass go. He still needs to rebuild 3-6 deuces of his own. There are w. coast mirror arms all over the ground out there. You just have to scavenge for them. So far I have pieced together enough for 1.5 trucks for my trucks. I PM'd Scott about going to Brad's to buy a med towbar for the haul.

wsucougarx

Well there might be another slight change of plans... If Dan cant get SRO's truck tomorrow, if we can scavage up a towbar, I told him I'd swing by haul his truck up. Should know for sure tomorrow.

Also, Can you PM me brads number, or next time ya talk to him, see how much for set of westcoast mirrors.
Yah, you'll probably just want to stick to I-5N rather than pull into our Convoy Rally point. I am still unsure who is going to show up. So I need to be there at Home Depot for anyone who shows up.

srodocker

defiantly wont have any funds to pick up another towbar. if anything i may be able to borrow dans towbar if he doesn't grab the truck tomorrow and meet you at the guys house. i will have another car with me following me to dans house and then my dad will be showing up at some point and time.

thanks all for the help :)

kurtkds

Josh, how do you filter your wmo?

I made a manifold that has 3 hydraulic filters in parallel that are rated at 3 microns. I use a small gear pump to push the oil through them, it's a bit slow but it works.

As for a mix, the highest I've gone is 80/20 oil/gasoline, but that was in the summer time. Right now I'm running straight Diesel, but will probably be topping off this week with oil.

In the fall and spring time i'll put it about 10 - 15 gal of oil then top off the tank with Diesel.

Hammer

I have ran mostly straight WMO (hard to tell exactly, it had some gear oil, transmission fluids, hydraulic oils, motor oil, and some OLD race gas).

I like to keep a 5 gallon can on each deuce full of WMO so if I need to fill up with regular gas at any point, I can dump the oil in there and get some lubrication for the injection pump.

I just drove a deuce up from CA. 430 miles, fueled by my combo of oils. I didn't put any diesel or gas in for this trip, just filled up before I left, and took a few extra can with me of WMO.

Btw, I have the same basic setup Josh has, and I have ran probably about 500 ish gallons through it! I figure it is time for a new filter soon, but I will run this one into the ground before I swap it out.
I want to get a gear motor for it, and just use the HF air powered pump for transferring the WMO around (very hard to beat this thing for moving large amount of oil IF you have enough air pressure).

Josh

Yeh it took me an hour to move a 55gallon drum because i had to stop every 5 minutes to let my compresser rebuild pressure.

And on a side note, just dumped in 10 gallons of oil/gas mix into the tank, going to put 20-30 miles on it before i put any more in the tanks.

and by the way i double filter the oil. ill pump it out of one drum into another, and from there i take the pump, put it in the drum of clean oil, and pump it into 5 gallon cans, which i then dump in the tank.

So, far the only side effect ive seen, is my gas gage was stuck on full for a while...

Hammer

Yeah, and your wallet doesn't empty out as fast either!
I was spoiled for a while, I was using a LARGE compressor to power my pump, but I no longer have that luxury.

Josh

I dont think the deuce compresser could keep up, other wise id run it right off the truck.

Other then a slight rough idle when its cold, didnt notice much of a difference in power or anything.

Josh

Hrm.. For some reason it wont let me edit my last post, but I forgot to say something.

If anyone is intersted in getting an Air-O-Matic for there truck, but wants to test drive a truck with one, I'd be willing to let those intersted take my truck for a spin.

wsucougarx

:jumpin:, just finished all my safety checks and I am GOOD TO GO! Hmm, we can thank the People's Republik of Kalifornia for the El Nino weather:)

Last edited:

Stalwart

I kinda washed the HEMTT yesterday, still a few fluids to check, but we'll be ready unless Mr. Murphy shows up, he does reside in my back pocket. :cookoo:

Josh

Well, Did a 20 mile test drive today on the WMO, running good, all fluids checked, brakes working, I'm good to go.

Also is anyone bringing any tools? I was going to bring mine, but I'd have to let them sit in the bed of my truck for about 7 hours tonight in the middle of downtown Portland while I'm at work. Since I dont get off until about 3-4 am, I'm leaving right for work heading to Aarons.

srodocker

Yea trying to track down a towbar :jumpin:. Josh i have your number and i will call you in the morning around 730? to let you know the plan. mike you have a towbar we can borrow if i cant get one? I will meet you josh at i think exit 99 is little rock. then i can show you to the house we hook up and head up north.

not sure if you want to pull to the side mike and aaron if we all wanted to still convoy together. or meet up with you further up north.

i will probley be one 2hrs of sleep as i get off at 230 get home at 3 and i have to leave my house at probley 545 so i can pick up my brothers then head to the tenino guys house.

tools...i know dan has some but i would bring my own just in case. you able to put them in your cab josh?

oh yea im really excited....REALLY excited...