• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 PNW Mini - Rally

Josh

If your truck isnt to far of the main route, it would be a good idea (at least in my opinion) to stay together. Just incase of any unforceen mechanical failure.

Hammer

I would let you borrow my towbar, but it is attached to the front of my bobbed deuce that is still sitting in CA.

I would love to bring the 5 ton, but I don't feel like doing any heavy lifting for a transmission, or whatever else. Plus, I have more room to haul stuff in the M1009 ;)
I will bring the 5 ton for the summer convoy though.

Btw guys, I do NOT have all my heavy tools with me. Most are still sitting in CA right now. I have one truck left to work on down there that will require them. So I will only be bringing some hand tools.

srodocker

Well called the guy in tenino and he doesn't have a tow bar he borrowed some from a friend. so if mike doesn't have one hrm. Stalwart i work in des moines/kent area am i close to you? hrm i don't get off till 1-2am that might be a issue haha. i'll check the internet when i get home tonight.

anyone can get ahold of me for anything at 360-918-3358. i can text. my phone is off during work except at 7 and 10 and 12 which are my breaks i check it at.

Last edited:

Josh

Hrm, Anyone got a mig welder on the way up, i the front half of a m105, i could weld some 4in by 3/8ths channel into, and just drill some holes for the pins =0. You could always call Brad and see if he would rent you one =0

Josh

Ouch. You okay Aaron? I fell of my truck once while out in the sand and that hurt. Even hoping out of the back of my truck from the step on the bed, hurts my knees.

ABN173

****REPOST FROM #40*****
Reposting in case anyone missed the original post
The plan is to rendezvous at 0800 hrs, leave from rendezvous point at 0830 hrs, convoy I-5 North to Hawks Prairie (Walmart exit). From there we will pass through Yelm on our way to McKenna. Stop off at Brad's place for parts or just to look at all his stuff for 30-60 min (1030 hrs) head out to Graham. I have made photo copies of a phone book map to help out if anyone straggles behind and to help on our exfil from Graham. If anyone has big/heavy parts request for Brad let me know by Thursday so he can get stuff ready. Other than that we can all just brouse. He's got doors, hoods, tires, fenders, med. towbars, windshield frames, w.coast mirror arm parts all over the place. No joke it's like a scavenger hunt....you'll see what I'm talking about:).

Ok gentlemen, anyone interested in convoying to Dan's place? This is mainly for those heading northbound I-5 through Olympia (actually it's for anyone). My plan is to meet at the Tumwater (just hair south of Olympia) Home Depot parking lot at 1101 Kingswood Drive SW, Tumwater, WA 98501 at 0800 hrs. The plan is to then depart at 0830 hours. At this point I am good to go but with work that can change. Just in case anyone heading there for sure want to spearhead this op?

AaronW............M35A2 (confirmed)
Josh.................M35A2 (confirmed)
Wsucougarx......M35A2 (confirmed)
Odnorth.............M35A2 (confirmed...coming from BC, CANADA!!!!)
Hammer............CUCV (Confirmed)
Srodocker.........Civvie
I'm pressed for time this weekend due to work but I still want to link up when do you guys plan to passing exit 125? That way I can just join the already moving convoy.

*EDIT: Nevermind I see you guys are going through Yelm.......I'll just meet up at the site.

Thanks,
Dale

Last edited:

kurtkds

Well called the guy in tenino and he doesn't have a tow bar he borrowed some from a friend. so if mike doesn't have one hrm. Stalwart i work in des moines/kent area am i close to you? hrm i don't get off till 1-2am that might be a issue haha. i'll check the internet when i get home tonight.

anyone can get ahold of me for anything at 360-918-3358. i can text. my phone is off during work except at 7 and 10 and 12 which are my breaks i check it at.

I have a tow bar...

Text has been sent.

Stalwart

I just loaded a Med. Tow Bar in the HEMTT, it will be at the meet at around 11:00AM. If you can get yours to them earlier, perhaps that might be better. I'll still bring mine, it's in there already. :D