• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2010 WACO Military Experience - Troy Ohio

recon4ww2

CAN'T MAKE IT TO TOPEKA ?

Well,
The 2010 WACO Military Experience is almost here! And it is going to be bigger and better than last year!!! July 9, 10 &11
A couple of big changes this year will be a tactical demonstration area so we can have a couple of small "battles". Also the Sherman tank demos will be on the near side of the runway unlike last year when it was almost too far away. There will additional armor presence this year with the addition of a M5A1 Stuart tank and a V100 Commando armored car as well as last year's favorites, the M4A3E8 Sherman from the Allen County Historical Museum in Lima. Ohio and Tom Price's LVT 4, "Tom's Joy" that was featured in the movie FLAGS OF OUR FATHERS. We will have several small convoys into Troy throughout the weekend.
There will be reenactors and living historians from several time periods from the French and Indian war through Vietnam . There will be firing demos of several weapon types such as the Revolutionary war era 6 pounder cannon, the Sherman tank's 76mm gun and various small arms.
There will be more militaria vendors and militaria displays this year as well as stage presentations on various subjects throughout the weekend.
Also new this year will be a vehicle pass in review.

There will be a larger aircraft presence this year also and it looks like we are going to have at least 2 planes giving rides and one is an SNJ.

ADMISSION PRICE DOES INCLUDE ENTRY INTO THE MUSEUM, UNLIKE LAST YEAR.

http://www.wacomilitary.com/

Show flyer http://www.wacoairmuseum.org/wme%20pic.jpg

Pre registration is NOT required regardless what the brochure says, it is however recommended
Please contact me for the complete schedule or any other questions

Thanks,
Mike Haines
(937)773-5831
mhaines75@woh.rr.com

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, cool event. Wished I could go but Piqua is a bit of a hike for me. Is 36 Skate Club still out west on 36? Used to race for them in the 70s.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, cool event. Wished I could go but Piqua is a bit of a hike for me. Is 36 Skate Club still out west on 36? Used to race for them in the 70s.
Never having met you in person I just wonder how you went from skating to contracting this horrible green disease...

;-)

steve

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Darn it. Now you tell me. I've been married for ten years now.......

:)

steve

recon4ww2

Steve,

I see you are from Dayton, are you coming to the show? If so are you bringing anything? We would love to have you!

At 9:00 am on Friday we are going to start what well be more or less hourly convoys into Troy to promote the show.

Mike

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Never having met you in person I just wonder how you went from skating to contracting this horrible green disease...

;-)

steve
If it's got tires (wheels) or ti....s, I'm all over it. Before I could afford big rolling stock, I had little rolling stock. Truth be known, after a 30 year hiatus, I'm skating again and getting my young kids involved.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks