• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Dayton MVPA Convention Swap, Bringing

Cigarjoe

I will be there. I am looking for 5 or 6 HMMWV tires and rims. I will be bringing a '64 Case Master M101A1 with all racks NO bows or top titled in Indiana for $500 OBO or a '95 Pribbs Steel M101A2 with all racks NO bows or top No title waiting for SF97 to return for $700 OBO. If anyone is interested in one let me know. I will be there Friday only.

Last edited:

AWheelsOhio

I will be there. I am looking for 5 or 6 HMMWV tires and rims. I will be bringing a '64 Case Master M101A1 with all racks NO bows or top titled in Indiana for $500 OBO or a '95 Pribbs Steel M101A2 with all racks NO bows or top No title waiting for SF97 to return for $700 OBO. If anyone is interested in one let me know. I will be there Friday only.

I have 5 hmmwv wheel 18 bolt steel OEM wheels not the tires and I will be attending the show tomorrow send me message if you are interested and i can maybe drive those up or you can come to Columbus.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well I told the wife "Okay, you don't have to go, I'll just go all by my lonesome." (BWAAAA HAAAAAA HAAAAAAA!!! She bought it!) So I'll be there Thursday. I'm gonna look for some new steps and mudflaps, don't know if I can afford much more right now. Did a nice swap with Justin from La., swapped a new camo cover for a NOS canvas one. I'm a little partial to the old school. I'm finally starting to put some stuff up in the classifieds, I think the woman would be happy to see some cash inflow from this hobby.

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just Thursday? I don't think I'll be able to make it till Friday.
Yeah, I'm leaving from work in the morning so I'm about 20 minutes closer. I gotta get some stuff done around the house so I can only come out and play so much. I'm surprised she didn't have a cow when I told her I was going for just one day.

Sevin7

I am going to try to stop in tomorrow and maybe Friday since I have training to attend at Wright Patt. I will for sure be there on Saturday to do some shopping.

AndrewH

Unplanned Trip

I had not planned on going to the convention but as the world works I will be close for business and will have to stop by. I have what amounts to 3/4 of a pickup load of military airplane electronics type stuff. Some recievers, power supplies, a few dynamotors, various engine castings (little ones), projector w/ speaker, test instruments, crystal sets, loud speakers. ect ect, I don't think any of this stuff works and I have no way to check it. I will be id'ing the stuff and posting it on the classifieds as I get time but I thought I'd offer it here now because I am going to the show. I dont have a spot or anything so its all black market deals I suppose. I'll post a pic of the pile soon.

AndrewH

Those pics I promised

I know the lighting is terrable. I'll get better pics of stuff you ask about. Let me know if you see anything you need to see more of. I know the lighting is bad! I know!:razz: I intend to classifiy all of these as time permits. Mods, if this post is questionable get rid of it please. Thanks.

Attachments

The PIG Smith

My son, my middle daughter and I drove from Fort Wayne, IN to Dayton (3 hours one way) for this show.
Having never been to an event like this, I did not know what to expect.

I will admit, there were some kewl exhibits.

I was able to show my son an M-818 up close.
We all liked the 1:6 scale model exhibit.
My daughter enjoyed the Vietnam experience exhibit.

But overall, we were a little disappointed.
The flyer made this sound like a monstrous huge event.
To us, it was not.
We walked through the entire event in about 2 hours.
We were prepared to spend all day, here I sit, back in my home at 18:00

B3.3T

My son, my middle daughter and I drove from Fort Wayne, IN to Dayton (3 hours one way) for this show.
Having never been to an event like this, I did not know what to expect.

I will admit, there were some kewl exhibits.

I was able to show my son an M-818 up close.
We all liked the 1:6 scale model exhibit.
My daughter enjoyed the Vietnam experience exhibit.

But overall, we were a little disappointed.
The flyer made this sound like a monstrous huge event.
To us, it was not.
We walked through the entire event in about 2 hours.
We were prepared to spend all day, here I sit, back in my home at 18:00
This was the 2011 National Convention for the MVPA. It is TOTALLY subject to the membership's participation. And while the public is welcomed, it is the MVPA convention. It was not advertised or promoted as anything else.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One could have easily walked thru in a few hours but I spent the entire day there Friday. I wished I could have had another day there. I spent a lot of time talking to MV owners and vendors, yes including Gimpy, Doc, and Crusher, and even some folks not so interesting. Found some good deals on stuff I wanted. Also, I just had to talk to John Cheney about his Honest John and Nike missles. The Dragon Wagon was/is awesome too!

Some of the 467 pictures I took....

Attachments

Last edited:

John S-B

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I had a pretty good time, and didn't spend too much money. I got to meet Doc, Crusher, and a couple others who I forget their names. (I can't remember names for crap.) I saw a bunch of great vehicles, but I was surprised not to see any Humvees. I was there for about 5 hours, but next year I'll stay longer, I'm only a little more than an hour from home. It's a good place to find resources for parts and check prices.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Got home last night after a 12 hour drive. Had a great time seeing you guys for real and not just you avatar. Left here Tuesday with a full trailer and came home empty. Sorry I did not take more pictures. Going out to swbradley1 place Friday night was the high note of the trip. The Ohio version of pulled pork was fantastic!

It was a little smaller than I thought it would be also, last time it was in Dayton 4 years ago there was 2X the Mv's outside and the inside was so packed you could hardly move.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks