• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

2011 Fall Haspin Run pic/video thread

212sparky

last of the pictures enjoy

Attachments

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah i climbed up in a tree for all them.

I didn't know that was you until I reached the top of the hill. Thanks for the pic's. I had a great time and think we could do this a couple times a year separate from the big rally. I also wanted everyone to know Sandy hasn't forgotten about sending everyone their pictures but her husband has been admitted to the hospital twice since the mini rally so please be patient and she will get them out as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Dave

Sevin7

I didn't take too many pictures. Here are the few that I did grab with my iPod. I appreciate all the ones that everyone else took, especially those documenting my destroyed tire.

Attachments

Sevin7

I cured my poor M818's condition. All better now as of tonight! Most importantly, a huge thanks goes out to Augie for lending me his spare. My weekend would have turned out pretty cruddy without him and his generosity. Of course the same goes for everyone else who assisted with the tire change. Thanks all!!

Attachments

indy4x4fab

Banned
I didn't know that was you until I reached the top of the hill. Thanks for the pic's. I had a great time and think we could do this a couple times a year separate from the big rally. I also wanted everyone to know Sandy hasn't forgotten about sending everyone their pictures but her husband has been admitted to the hospital twice since the mini rally so please be patient and she will get them out as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Dave

Our preys go out to you and your family from the indy crew, hope sandy's husband gets better soon.

Sevin7

I lowered my pressures to obtain a little better traction as I had done in June. Apparently the lower pressure in that tire allowed a rock from the 'rock slide' hill to bust the bead. And as you said the air went out. I heard it happening, which sounded pretty weird, but didn't know what it was and I was at a somewhat critical part of the hill and didn't feel like I could stop. I made it to the top and the pictures depict pretty much what I saw. I'm not sure if there is damage beyond the radial split, that was all I noticed too, and I felt like that was a fatal injury for that tire.

While I was soaping up the beads on the rim tonight, I found at least 1/8" really caked mud across the whole bead and stretching nearly 180* around that half of the wheel. This stuff was essentially concrete requiring me to chip at it with a putty knife to remove it. I guess I picked it up in June at Haspin when I actually spent some time in the mud holes. That, I would assume, weakened how well my bead was previously set. The mud was definitely not there when I originally mounted them either.

I haven't ever heard of that happening. I guess it is another reason to stay out of the mud pits, even though they are soooo fun!

Last edited:

Sevin7

After a meeting of the minds we deemed it not necessary to remove the front driveshaft since the smaller tire would be truning faster rather than slower (causing the t-case to engage). I was thinking it would be the opposite which could create problems if we didn't remove it. Either way it ran fine on the way home and was barely noticeable.

3ID ARMY BRAT

So how do you get to go to a rally, I would love to take my m35A2 but I wouldn't want to show up uninvited. I live in Columbus OH. and I would like to go to the Haspin rally. So if any one could help me out with that question it would be very much appreciated.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter

3ID ARMY BRAT

So where do you meet up with the convoy when it is coming through Columbus on it's way to the Haspin rally? I would like to meet up with it, I just don't know where and at what time. And for the Findlay 2012 Armed Forces Day Event?

And Sorry for all the Question I'm new to all this. I just want to make new friends and have fun with My M35A2.